Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

High warlord PvP is unplayable

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
The pvp system has been broken for many months now. KI needs to address this problem. With the new update of better exalted gear it is nearly impossible to defeat these high level wizards when you're 30-50 levels lower. When you fighting someone 30-50 levels above you the gear advantage and spell advantage is very unfair. Before the Castle of Darkmoor update it was possible to defeat exalted wizards with the gear and spell advantage but, now it's nearly impossible. It's incredibly frustrating to be fight these high level wizards that can just one hit you. The pvp system needs a major overhaul. If I recall correctly the last major update for pvp was April 2013? https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/april2013#pvpupdates It hasn't changed much since then. I think a good fix would be a system based on rating and levels. For example if you were a level 50 wizard with 1000 rating you would be fighting wizards between level 50-59 with 850-1150 rating. You would have all the gear and spells available for those levels so it's fair. There would be no spell or gear advantage making ranked more fun and competitive. Today you don't see a lot of people doing pvp since it's so broken. Any type update to this unbalanced system would be appreciated by many people that enjoy pvp.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2014
Nothing wrong with rank pvp you just need to find another way to win.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Ashley Star on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
Nothing wrong with rank pvp you just need to find another way to win.
This is false in so many ways. Let's say you're a level 70 myth facing off a level 100 storm with Darkmoor gear. That storm can one hit you, and you won't even be able to do anything about it. Shields would be useless since they have a ton of pierce. I agree with Consumeadptevolve.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
With dispels, shields and stats etc. pvp battles take hours now... 1v1 is scary

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
Couldnt they just simply ban the op spells? This really isnt a crazy ideal a bunch of other games ban weapons and stuff for their competitive side

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
EvanAngleTamer3 on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:
Couldnt they just simply ban the op spells? This really isnt a crazy ideal a bunch of other games ban weapons and stuff for their competitive side
I do not think that the op spells should be band, but i do think that high levels should get parred with other high levels and vice versa for lower levels. If they are true spells, a wizard should be allowed to use them. It really depends on your definition of op spells.

K.B.