Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-5-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! I hope you are enjoying December so far. (It's far too cold for my taste!)

With so many fancy new items in game, I was thinking about which gear Wizards choose to use. Sometimes you get a great piece of gear that could just use just a tiny change to make it perfect.

If you could add any one stat to a piece of gear, what would it be and which armor would you apply this magic spell to?

Have a wonderful weekend. See you in the Spiral!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1st choice:
If it has to be a stat, I would add a fair amount of Stun Resistance to some of the major No Auction gear sets. Sometimes you get stun-spammed in PvE Ice or Myth battles, and it would be nice if we could temper our gear with anti-stun measures in preparation for these fights.

2nd choice:
If I may cheat a little, I'd love to have a new Hades wand with an empty slot that you could insert one utility card into, such as Blinding Light, Steal Charm, Enfeeble, Triage, off-school wand hits, etc. No giant hit cards, just utility. Maybe Eloise or a vendor in the Shopping District could help use attach and remove these new item cards to the gear pieces.

Community Leader
Two recommendations:

On "regular gear" (what we get from bosses, special dungeons, etc.), we need stun resistance. We're level 100 wizards wizards fighting bosses with stun and beguile immunity, and we have only two spells that could possibly even reduce stuns. We need more of this stat. I'm not talking the 1 or 2% we're getting on shadow pip chance, either. We're needing about 25-45% stun resistance total between a hat, robe, and boots.

On that note, I'd also love a pet talent that grants Beguile immunity. It's pretty situational, but it'd be helpful.

Second, I think we now need some fishing luck on future pack gear. We've had sets dedicated to energy and gardening. Now let's get a fishing pack with that type of gear as well.

As always, thanks for your consideration! Happy Friday.

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I believe that after the edition of the Halloween wands (that give a LOT of critical) , the game should have gear that gives more block to compensate. People are getting such high critical stats that there is no effective way to counter it, because the gear simply doesn't give enough block. The new Malistaire the Undying gear stats are sadly lacking in the block department(other than the boots). Also the Teeth of the Lords Night wand that can be purchased from packs, gives 160 block at level 100. As of now that 160 really isn't enough anymore. I think there should be an upgraded version of Teeth of the Lords Night, giving around 200+ block. Some of us don't like critical-fests and prefer to have some form of defense against it.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I would definitely add more stun block and increase the block on gear, given the enormous amounts of critical that exist nowadays.

An idea I had for awhile now is to make a new gear set that has balanced stats and the stats for it follow the precedent for the school. Storm gets massive damage and critical, ice gets lots of resist and block etc, etc. The stats will be more extreme than our current gear, WAY more extreme, overshadowing all previous gear and making them obsolete. But the counter stats will be on par with them. For example, 20% resist to a gear but like 30% damage on it also. 300 Critical but 200 block. See?

Survivor
Dec 08, 2010
If I had to choose a stat, it would be to add some damage to the new mailistaire wands. I also like Lucas Rain's idea on having some stun resistance to the higher gear.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
I wouldn't add ONE stat to my gear. Not for me anyway. Although for my Ice wizard I'd like another 10pts worth of ice accuracy and 5 pts of life accuracy to the Traders Glacial Outfit.

Beyond that?I want the ability to custom craft my own gear with stats that I choose. Lets traders outfit for example
I'd have crafted it thusly if I could pick and choose.
400health
15 ice and 10 life accuracy
15 and 15 for ice and life strength boost to spells.
50 general block
10% power pips.
Because the ICE school health stats on gear is so high, I'd sacrifice some of the health happily in crafting custom gear like this for the other stats.
Although I would add one other thing that isn't a stat. The ability to choose between the power pips or add a card. Which for me would be adding SHIFT.

For my storm?
The custom set up for my spice seers gear would look like this
350 health
10death and 10 storm accuracy.
20 even for both Death and Storm spell strength
70 for death and storm critical
I'd skip the 61 death critical critical block and make it a general critical block Or
remove the death and storm accuracy. make it 20 general accuracy and make the health stat 400.

Hell I'd love to use my ice wizard or storms craftin ability to craft custom gear for my death. Right now I'd probably run 8-10 accuracy for death and fire because that's what spells I use for my death

Survivor
Sep 11, 2013
1st I would tower shield added to level 100 gear and also healing current to level 100 wands or outfits. 2nd have better traits and easier for deer knight pets learn deer knight rises spell

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Beguile resist to the exalted mastery amulets.

Like, 30%

It's like a clove of garlic added to every amulet. Wards off vampires and werewolves and other creatures of the night that enthrall you as they drink from your veins.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
How about adding Stun resistance to the Blade of the Felled Titan and the Alpha and Omega Ring ? Says meow!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I'd love to have gear sets that bring additional bonuses when used as a complete set.

I'd also love to have equipment that has may cast spells on them.

I'd love to have gear with a may cast transfer blades onto teammates spell.
  • This causes your unused blades from your tri-blade, to automatically shift onto your teammates that can use them.

Example: You're a storm wizard, and you cast a tri-blade on yourself.
    When your gear casts the may transfer blades spell, the storm blade stays on you, while the fire blade shifts to a fire wizard on your team, and the ice blade shifts to an ice wizard on your team.
I'd also love for your gear to have a may cast healing spells, that affect the teammate with the lowest or zero health on your team. Don't get me wrong, I love when my pets cast healing spells on me; but I want to share healing with my teammates who need health more than I do.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I would say maybe a health regeneration , or maybe a revival chance so like when you faint after certain time and others live you revive. Or maybe chance to have a omega pip worth three pips.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Hello Professor,

If I could add a stat to a piece of gear, I would lean towards adding Resistance, Critical Block, or Accuracy.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2014
1st choice:
I also feel that stun resistance should be taken into consideration for the higher tier armor such as darkmoor armor, we have it in level 50 pvp gear so why not level 100 story gear? I think it should be a reasonable amount but not to the point where it is too powerful, I think the full set including the athames and rings should add up to something like 30 to 50% stun resist, and based upon the classes of course. For example could have 30% stun resist while gets closer to 50%, I feel that this addition would be useful because it would make fighting in darkmoor a little bit easier but not ruin the enjoyment or time it takes to finish it.

2nd choice:
I feel that some critical block should be added to the level 100 amulets, they have resist, critical, health, and pierce. Where as the level 99 gear from morganthe provides the around 40 critical block. Since the resist of the darkmoor amulets is higher I having somewhat less critical block is understandable. i just feel that with the time required to get the gear it is a little bit weaker than it should be in some cases.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I too love the idea of an 'empty' slot where you could stitch a spell on to it. have it cost extra to make it a may cast would be super cool..

I have always disliked getting wands that cast from my school, i hate blading up and trapping up then suddenly a weakness gets on ya and your wand casts your same school spell.. annoying!

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
I totaly agree with the stun resist, I think that it should be added a little at a time to big gear sets starting at level 70-80, to sets like Waterworks gear, Hades' gear, and the new Darkmoor gear sets.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Lucas Rain on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
1st choice:
If it has to be a stat, I would add a fair amount of Stun Resistance to some of the major No Auction gear sets. Sometimes you get stun-spammed in PvE Ice or Myth battles, and it would be nice if we could temper our gear with anti-stun measures in preparation for these fights.

2nd choice:
If I may cheat a little, I'd love to have a new Hades wand with an empty slot that you could insert one utility card into, such as Blinding Light, Steal Charm, Enfeeble, Triage, off-school wand hits, etc. No giant hit cards, just utility. Maybe Eloise or a vendor in the Shopping District could help use attach and remove these new item cards to the gear pieces.
I like both ideas, but I'd want a wand with block and a single crit rating. The Hades wands aren't so good. How about a wand with stats only, no cards, but 3 or 4 open slots. We could put TC in the slots and have them come up with our deck. Not drawn like our TC deck, but right in our regular hand. Or just get the stat boot with no cards if we wanted a small deck.

The alternative would just be some wands with good stats and different utility spells. Most wands have too many cards, and not ones I need. Guiding light & steal charm would each be great, so would an item sharp and potent.

Right now the stat we need most is more Shadow Pips, or a starting shadow pip.

I'd love an athame or pet with Backdraft card(s) too.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
The Malistaire Robe could use some universal block and pierce which are some key components of the prior balanced Hades set robes.

Community Leader
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Paige MoonShade on Dec 7, 2014 wrote:
Fishing luck to splendid gear set.
really, ANY crown shop or pack bought gear with energy should have increased luck for fishing

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Lucas Rain on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
1st choice:

2nd choice:
stun resist would be awesome

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
Stun Resistance and perhaps even Beguile resistance on Darkmoor gear, especially considering the fact that bosses in Darkmoor stun and beguile so often.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I would definitely add block rating to the Malistaire robes.

Defender
May 17, 2014
+100000 Crit for each school

Haha, just kidding. Maybe 10+ crit for any school to the crown only staffs, swords, etc.?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
A crafted energy gear update from the usual Wintertusk Ring of Valor/Garnet Bear Claw combo.

Something that also gave fishing luck, a sizable amount.

I don't care if it costs 1000 sun rays, or some other rare fish that occurs year-round in the spiral. At level 100 I need more than 5-6 supplemental energy to keep up with the new deck recipes.