Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to win at magus level?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Hello so my name is Tanner DayDreamer.
This thread is going to cover my issues that I am having in the arena.

We all have had trouble at one point. I believe I have reached the point where I can't rank up anymore. My death is level 33 with a rank of 1928. The main reason I believe this really reflected after losing 1944 rank to a level 70 balance veteran from second. To the match. The most frustrating thing that happened that match was the triple pet heal which healed around 1,700 health, bringing him to 1800 health total. That's where I feel apart as I drew from sidedeck and knew I was going to win. I try to consider pet heals when killing my opponent, but should I be considering 3 fairys in a row? I kept the pressure on with a bladed and death damage bubble poison, but next he used judgement with 5 power pips. The part that bothered me was he critical through my conviction. He had 130 critical.

So overall, I have experienced these things happen, but never both in one match.
My question is; is this what I should be expecting from here on out?

If it is I probably will quit Wizard101. A lot of controversial updates were added like critical which I feel add no benefit to the game other than more chance over skill.

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
Fiery Autumn on Nov 22, 2014 wrote:
Hello so my name is Tanner DayDreamer.
This thread is going to cover my issues that I am having in the arena.

We all have had trouble at one point. I believe I have reached the point where I can't rank up anymore. My death is level 33 with a rank of 1928. The main reason I believe this really reflected after losing 1944 rank to a level 70 balance veteran from second. To the match. The most frustrating thing that happened that match was the triple pet heal which healed around 1,700 health, bringing him to 1800 health total. That's where I feel apart as I drew from sidedeck and knew I was going to win. I try to consider pet heals when killing my opponent, but should I be considering 3 fairys in a row? I kept the pressure on with a bladed and death damage bubble poison, but next he used judgement with 5 power pips. The part that bothered me was he critical through my conviction. He had 130 critical.

So overall, I have experienced these things happen, but never both in one match.
My question is; is this what I should be expecting from here on out?

If it is I probably will quit Wizard101. A lot of controversial updates were added like critical which I feel add no benefit to the game other than more chance over skill.
Really, that was bad luck but your gonna see some really weird strategys from here on out.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
There's no use preparing for a duel you're destined to lose. I can sympathize, I love games of strategy and thinking ways out of seemingly impossible scenarios, but statistically speaking, you might as well quit once you have counted 7 disadvantages stacked up against you.

Imo, you had a bad matchup:
  1. you were facing a Transcendent Balance veteran with stronger gear than you have
  2. you were going second
  3. pet heal #1
  4. pet heal #2
  5. pet heal #3
  6. you chose offense instead of shielding/protecting yourself (likely because you didn't see a need)
  7. conviction failed to do its job

You would have had a significantly better chance of turning this around if even 2 of those things had not happened. But, sometimes your opponent has "plot armor" and was always going to win.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Lucas Rain on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
There's no use preparing for a duel you're destined to lose. I can sympathize, I love games of strategy and thinking ways out of seemingly impossible scenarios, but statistically speaking, you might as well quit once you have counted 7 disadvantages stacked up against you.

Imo, you had a bad matchup:
  1. you were facing a Transcendent Balance veteran with stronger gear than you have
  2. you were going second
  3. pet heal #1
  4. pet heal #2
  5. pet heal #3
  6. you chose offense instead of shielding/protecting yourself (likely because you didn't see a need)
  7. conviction failed to do its job

You would have had a significantly better chance of turning this around if even 2 of those things had not happened. But, sometimes your opponent has "plot armor" and was always going to win.
I kind of can't hold my self from laughing.
(And not in a bad way) lol
Why I am laughing you think? Because, I, in my head imagined what a disaster it can be for the person that encountered this. But I think you can still be able to win but lets face it. Probability of that is very slim like what? 5-7%. Maybe even below. But! But it is still possible. I am kind of, well play allot of pvp. In first age I had 3,432 wins and 3,122 losses. And in second age I don't have that much yet cause of college and testings. But with all of my pvp experience I can say that you can face any person at almost any level well when I say that I don't mean lvl 1 facing lvl 50 or 60. But I mean like if lvl 30 facing level 70 yes it is possible to win. Just really hard to do so.
But hey, tell me what you think of my percentage of winning against such an opponent. Can it be higher or lower, in a decent situation.

Nicholas Star