Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shane von Shane v2.0 needs a nerf

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
I'm pretty sure a ton of Wizards will go with me on this, Shane Von Shane v2.0 (Graveyard edition) really needs a nerf. Sure, there are strategies out there that can allow you to beat him, however that is literally RNG (Random Number Gen) based. You won't get the strategy done half the time, not even a third of the time. The dungeon is difficult, and its fine the way it was when it first hit the test realm. Shane von Shane pt. 2 however is RIDICULOUS. His armor piercing and damage is way too high, and his beguile cheat just makes it near impossible for even advanced wizards to do.

A few ways to fix him:

-Remove his beguile cheat entirely
-Make him work just like the 1st Shane von Shane, except Storm
-Turn him into a Golden Key boss to allow extra loot

The game is fun, the update is amazing, but Shane von Shane, has to Go von Go.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Alexander Lionhear... on Nov 22, 2014 wrote:
I'm pretty sure a ton of Wizards will go with me on this, Shane Von Shane v2.0 (Graveyard edition) really needs a nerf. Sure, there are strategies out there that can allow you to beat him, however that is literally RNG (Random Number Gen) based. You won't get the strategy done half the time, not even a third of the time. The dungeon is difficult, and its fine the way it was when it first hit the test realm. Shane von Shane pt. 2 however is RIDICULOUS. His armor piercing and damage is way too high, and his beguile cheat just makes it near impossible for even advanced wizards to do.

A few ways to fix him:

If you go check out Youtube, you will find a strategy that allows you to defeat him in 2-3 rounds (not RNG).

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
oh my gosh, laughing so hard at your closing statement~ i love it! and you're right about needing to take this down a notch because, at this point, dr. von is ashamed to share even part of her name with that thing.

a suggestion to add to the ones you've listed: keep the beguile cheat the same,but get rid of that one that gives him a 144% blade for free.

(just noticed you have the same name as the guy who soloed undead mally in xiblahblah, whose video i stalked for weeks... i wonder, lol).

-von "go von go" shadowsong

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
I'd like to suggest to King Isle that if they Nerf him they also make the drop rates much lower.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
I'm a little late to this and just now started looking through the forums for this dungeon since I have only just done it recently. But I do not agree with you on that. I am tired of people complaining about how hard and time consuming these dungeons are (Tartarus and Darkmoor). It is an option. Not a requirement. If you don't like it you don't have to do it. I rather love having the challenge and it isn't time consuming for me. (I do this with randoms I may add). I have a job and I have college classes and I have to watch my younger siblings and I find time to do these dungeons once or twice a week no problem. Most of the people complaining are just lazy and want everything handed to them. And what's the fun in that? Keep darkmoor the same.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Alex Stormlight on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:
I'd like to suggest to King Isle that if they Nerf him they also make the drop rates much lower.
His drop rates are already terrible so lowering them would be a waste of time. I agree with Alexander on this, making him a gold key boss for the chest and bunferatu would be nice (even though he drops them every other battle for me)

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Alexander Lionhear... on Nov 22, 2014 wrote:

A few ways to fix him:

Totally disagree.
We finally got what we wanted. A hard dungeon. Cheats and stuff.
It is completely passable and if you want to complete it then work for it.

Nicholas Star

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
There's no need to remove the beguile cheat. You can easily prevent it by having someone hit him every round while someone else blades up for a big hit. Also, you can spam him with Death Dispels so that a fizzle won't wreck the strategy, and then you can also heal without the Vampire cheat destroying you. None of that is RNG based and it works. I see no need for a change.