Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire the Undying Drops Question

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
I was wondering if Malistaire's gear (the set that looks like the gear he wears and has the best stats) is dropped by Malistaire's regular form or shadow form. I'm just curious because I like to flee and run back if I die to reshuffle my deck and get health faster without cost, and I don't want to flee after the regular Malistaire is dead and not get any of the good gear. Just curious

Sean Firesword Exalted

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
It's all one fight, so I don't think it matters.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Malistair's regular form is the same boss as his haunted form. It is like he is using Guardian Spirit in a way. If you flee in that battle you can still come back and get gear in final. Did this before. It works. Good luck

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
I wouldn't recommend it. I once fled, and I literally only got a reagent, a not-so-decent snack, and some gold. But it's all luck.. .-.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Each version of Mali gives one chance for drops. You get one roll for regular and one roll for shadow. It's OK to flee and return before you defeat the first form, but once you do, stay. You can get two top tier drops in one run if you are lucky.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
I have ran this many times now. My experience has been that if you flee before he dies the first time it does not matter. It will not hurt your chances for better loot. I usually spam spells to kill minions then flee to change to boss deck. Now after you clear minions and start to work on him for the first time I would recommend not to flee anymore. If you stay the rest of the fight you should get 2 items of various quality. It could be 2 decks or 2 Malistaire items. I have seen both happen. If you flee after he changes form then you will get 1 item of various quality. Getting killed does not hurt quality of drops. If you flee it does not hurt quality it is all random. Some people say that he is dropping items less. I assure you it has not changed. I think they believe this because they get a couple parts then start to get duplicate items while they farm for a certain last piece. Too many superstitions in this game. My death and fire have all the gear and I am on a family account with 2 other people that play together so I know what their drops were as well. Some people may agree with my statements and others will say I am wrong but I am telling you now when I hear stuff like don't loot the wooden chests it lowers gear drops I laugh so hard.

Belgrim Hex 100
Aedan 100
Valdus 100
Brahm 100
Morgrim Hex 100

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
You get one loot table for each form (two chances of good gear from Malistaire). Fleeing and returning in his first form does not matter. If you flee and return during his second form, you forfeit your chances at his first form loot table.

You can still get his top tier gear if you flee during the second form, however, you don't get as many chances at receiving it if you do.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I farmed this guy once or twice a week since the dungeon hit live (except for the week of Christmas and new years. Food comas are bad.) the best thing I got out of him was a mote. All the gear I seem to get is the Blahs of Darkmoor. I am so salty I could season lays potato chips for eons, I have put up with some bad teams just for a chance at this gear You know who you are *glaring intesifies*.

Also I'm drowning in keys I keep getting more keys( and bad reagents) out of the chest when ever i try to use them up its like the most ironic slap in the face in history. Dont get me started on that rabbit dude (I want to turn him into an un-undead rabbit stew)