Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold Bought Houses.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
When will Wizard101 add more variety to gold bought houses? They're mostly being added to the crown shop. Not everyone has crowns nor can everyone afford them. There are players who save up a lot of gold just to but the same old houses. It's time to step it up.

Administrator
Hello,

The houses in the Crowns shop can also be purchased with gold. Even the brand new, Jungle House Boat.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
ummm... I have 60,000 gold and the new house boat is 50,000 but the option to buy it is disabled. If we have to buy a castle elixir that's not a problem, but to follow through with Esmee Ghosteyes' idea, if we need to be able to buy castles with gold, then we need to be able to buy castle elixirs with gold for the same reasons. Currently we can only buy that elixir with crowns...

Eric Darkforge

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Esmee Ghosteyes on Nov 6, 2014 wrote:
When will Wizard101 add more variety to gold bought houses? They're mostly being added to the crown shop. Not everyone has crowns nor can everyone afford them. There are players who save up a lot of gold just to but the same old houses. It's time to step it up.
Did you click on the 'gold' icon in the crowns shop? All houses can be purchased with gold.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Click on the house you want in the Crowns shop. Then click on the "gold" icon to the right. It should highlight that option, and you can then purchase the house with gold. You can also purchase furniture, some mounts, and I believe the Guardian Gear with gold, as well.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Eric Darkforge on Nov 7, 2014 wrote:
ummm... I have 60,000 gold and the new house boat is 50,000 but the option to buy it is disabled. If we have to buy a castle elixir that's not a problem, but to follow through with Esmee Ghosteyes' idea, if we need to be able to buy castles with gold, then we need to be able to buy castle elixirs with gold for the same reasons. Currently we can only buy that elixir with crowns...

Eric Darkforge
If you have three castles already and don't want to buy a castle elixir, the option is there to sell one of your existing castles.

KI has to generate revenue somehow, and in this case I think it's more than fair to leave the elixirs as Crowns purchases. I've had to do it myself where I wound up selling a castle or two so that all of my wizards could have a Red Barn Farm for gardening because. I had the option to buy the elixir, but made a different choice that is easily available.

I really don't think it's unfair nor unreasonable the way KI does this. Having the ability to have 3 castles, plus a dorm, all of which you can get without spending a single real dollar is pretty decent. Having to pay a small amount to be able to have more I find to be acceptable.