Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerfing and buffing.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
Hey everybody I was thinking and I realized the spell class system was getting mixed up. So, I will list how things need to be nerfed and how they should get buff. I will be keeping storm the same.

Balance: Buff the attack damage. Make their mana go higher than normal players.
Storm: Same
Ice: Nerf the critical rating on things, it's getting ridiculous.
Fire: Same
Death: Buff the critical rating.
Myth: A stronger level 42 spell.
Life: Nerf how much they heal! Like really? 5 pips to heal someone 1220? Ridiculous. The game is too easy.

This does not apply to PvP.

I hope you all agree.

-Dustin Duskbloom 50

Find me in Colossus.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Overlord Dustin on Nov 3, 2014 wrote:
Hey everybody I was thinking and I realized the spell class system was getting mixed up. So, I will list how things need to be nerfed and how they should get buff. I will be keeping storm the same.

Life: Nerf how much they heal! Like really? 5 pips to heal someone 1220? Ridiculous. The game is too easy.

I hope you all agree.

-Dustin Duskbloom 50

Find me in Colossus.
No. All schools balance out with health, fizzle rates, strength, etc.

Let's not forget this is a game geared toward family fun... not gamers.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
I completely disagree with most of this and find it all mostly ridiculous. Balance's mana doesn't need to go higher than every other school and is good as is and their damage is good as is. Ice's Critical?!?!?!? You're kidding right? They're critical is the lowest in the game and needs no nerf. Death's critical can get in the 400-500's from what I've seen so.... Life is a healing school, healing is its specialty. I heal about 1200 with a Satyr on my Fire AND Myth Wizards and you want to nerf if for life only? It'll affect all schools to you know not just life. The only thing I agree with on here is that Myth needs a stronger spell than Earthquake which is completely useless. I always use my trusty Humongofrog and I haven't layed my cursor on Earthquake in months.

Megan Frostflame Level 100

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Things are fine now. I don't see any need for changes, though Myth could use some help for high level mobs. Overall the schools are balanced pretty well.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Megan Frostflame on Nov 3, 2014 wrote:
I completely disagree with most of this and find it all mostly ridiculous. Balance's mana doesn't need to go higher than every other school and is good as is and their damage is good as is. Ice's Critical?!?!?!? You're kidding right? They're critical is the lowest in the game and needs no nerf. Death's critical can get in the 400-500's from what I've seen so.... Life is a healing school, healing is its specialty. I heal about 1200 with a Satyr on my Fire AND Myth Wizards and you want to nerf if for life only? It'll affect all schools to you know not just life. The only thing I agree with on here is that Myth needs a stronger spell than Earthquake which is completely useless. I always use my trusty Humongofrog and I haven't layed my cursor on Earthquake in months.

Megan Frostflame Level 100
I'm the opposite. I never use frog anymore, only quake. I'm running my myth wizard with my storm wizard. I like knocking out blades to minimize the damage enemies do to my storm wizard while he powers up.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012

I hope you all agree.

-Dustin Duskbloom 50

Find me in Colossus.
I honestly cannot see a reason for any of these changes in PvE at all.

Neither Balance nor Storm need any more damage buffs. Ice has the lowest critical rating the game already. Fire's critical is right where it should be, just below Storm. Death is just fine with mid-level critical ratings having drain spells more than balances it. Myth could use something more powerful than Frog for AOE, but so far I've found no dungeon/boss I can't kill with frog. Life's main thing is healing, nerfing it's only real strength makes no sense at all.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013

I hope you all agree.

-Dustin Duskbloom 50

Find me in Colossus.
I do not agree.

Variety baby, variety!!!

With all of these nerfs you might as well give us all the same spell deck, just different colors. The strengths and weaknesses of all the schools are what make this game as good as it is.

I say Leave It Alone!