Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some help please?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2012
Hello wizards! My name is Sarah Battlerider and i'm in the colorful and difficult world of azteca. I recently just got to alto alto. There is this boss there named zhalus and i can't find a way to defeat him. I am one level away from getting sun serpent and i just need someone to help me on this boss. if any of you would be so generous i would be so grateful!

Thank you all for reading!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
Sarahbattlerider on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
Hello wizards! My name is Sarah Battlerider and i'm in the colorful and difficult world of azteca. I recently just got to alto alto. There is this boss there named zhalus and i can't find a way to defeat him. I am one level away from getting sun serpent and i just need someone to help me on this boss. if any of you would be so generous i would be so grateful!

Thank you all for reading!
i'll help

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I'll help, what realm and times are you on?

Use East Coast Time as a reference; and I'll make time to help.

Here's to you getting through this area.

Quick tip for teaming with more individuals:

Port to a crowded realm, and click on the team up sigil at the quest or dungeon entrance.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Tylerwildpants on Oct 17, 2014 wrote:
I'll help, what realm and times are you on?

Use East Coast Time as a reference; and I'll make time to help.

Here's to you getting through this area.

Quick tip for teaming with more individuals:

Port to a crowded realm, and click on the team up sigil at the quest or dungeon entrance.
Team up works across reams, so there's no need to port if you are using it. Crowded realms can help if you are trying to find other players in game though.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2012
I usually go onto the last realm in area one but to be specific try doing
Area 1 Wraith (if that doesn't work)
Area 1 stormzilla (if that doesn't work)]
Area 1 bernie
I usually meet people under the waterfall in the commons
Thank you for the tip i will try that later on, but thank you so much for offering help!

My time zone is eastern time

I don't recommend doing this on week days since there is no guarantee i will be on. But with weekends times can always be worked out.

On Sunday i will be on at around 10-9 o clock my time (thats usually when i wake up ) if i'm not then i will be on around 11. thank you so much.

Sarah Battlerider Level 87

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Sarah,

The Team Up Sigil does work across realms...

...but I, and many other players have found that clicking on the Team Up Sigil in a crowded realm gets you on a team faster; vice clicking on a Team Up Sigil in an empty realm.

To test this, I attempted to enter the Final Dungeon in multiple, random available perfect, normal and crowded realms; and I limited the wait time to a maximum wait time of 45 minutes.

Here are the results:
  • Perfect Realms tested: Torrence, Unicorn, Vampire and Wu Realms.
    The average wait time to enter the final dungeon varied from 25 minutes to complete non-entry in a 45 minute time frame.
  • Normal Realms tested: Dryad and Wraith.
    The average wait time to enter the final dungeon varied from 10-27 minutes.
  • Crowded Realms tested: Ambrose, Banshee, and Bartleby.
    The average wait time to enter the final dungeon varied from instantaneous to 7 minutes.
Direct Observation:

Clicking on the Team-Up Sigil in a crowded realm resulted in entering the final dungeon faster than clicking on the Team-Up Sigil in a normal or perfect realm.

***While there may be additional unknown factors contributing to entering the final dungeon faster in a crowded realm, over a normal or perfect realm...

...most players don't care about all the details; they just appreciate being able to enter the dungeon on a team faster.***

Survivor
Oct 24, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Oct 19, 2014 wrote:
Sarah,

The Team Up Sigil does work across realms...

...but I, and many other players have found that clicking on the Team Up Sigil in a crowded realm gets you on a team faster; vice clicking on a Team Up Sigil in an empty realm.

To test this, I attempted to enter the Final Dungeon in multiple, random available perfect, normal and crowded realms; and I limited the wait time to a maximum wait time of 45 minutes.

Here are the results:
  • Perfect Realms tested: Torrence, Unicorn, Vampire and Wu Realms.
    The average wait time to enter the final dungeon varied from 25 minutes to complete non-entry in a 45 minute time frame.
  • Normal Realms tested: Dryad and Wraith.
    The average wait time to enter the final dungeon varied from 10-27 minutes.
  • Crowded Realms tested: Ambrose, Banshee, and Bartleby.
    The average wait time to enter the final dungeon varied from instantaneous to 7 minutes.
Direct Observation:

Clicking on the Team-Up Sigil in a crowded realm resulted in entering the final dungeon faster than clicking on the Team-Up Sigil in a normal or perfect realm.

***While there may be additional unknown factors contributing to entering the final dungeon faster in a crowded realm, over a normal or perfect realm...

...most players don't care about all the details; they just appreciate being able to enter the dungeon on a team faster.***
I had always wondered, i never did test it though.

I have tried it a few times on my ice wizard when i was farming olympus on her.
I then found it took less than 3 minutes to get in with a full team (of course at least one person was always for glad)
I have tried with normal bosses in azteca:
but found it took way longer since people prefer to farm malistaire in xibalba.
Once in zultan dock i did go afk and came back to find someone already fighting the boss.

But like i said before it is easier to be able to get in faster on dungeons that people prefer to farm rather than bosses.
Of course their are those bosses in khrysalis people farm for pets and gear etc.
Thats why i turned to asking people for help on the message boards.
Just because if i ask for help from friends they either say yes and delete me or are busy and log off.
I do appreciate the offers for help, i am willing to take them since even though i have full firestarters gear and i am 3 levels away from being able to farm tartarus azteca is always hard.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2012
If anyone would like to help, i will be on at 1:00-4:00 (maybe 3:00) Eastern time. I'm in alto alto, near the library (where zhalus sunbleed is) My name is Sarah Battlerider and i am a level 87 fire wizard with all firestarters gear. Thank you who ever helps!