Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adoption Facility!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
I was thinking of hatching and its risks and I also know how many duplicate pets you can get from it so I was thinking what if there was a place like the bazaar for pets now stick with me here the cost would be depending on rarity and strength so a noob couldn't just waltz in and buy an epic chaos leviathan with spritely and fairy because the costs of a pet depend on its age rarity and talent so you don't have to worry about the risk of the hatchery if you have the gold for what your looking for of course certain pets would be too rare like crowns pets or school only that sort of thing but not hybrids and boss drops anything else is fair game idk It just seems preferable to beating wavebringer fifty times

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
I think an adoption facility sounds nice! I have not participated in pet hatching though. I have extra pets at my house that I do not use, and many many pets I have just deleted. Just because it doesn't serve my need doesn't mean it wouldn't serve someone elses.

Plus the idea is so appealing to RP factors. In real life we have pet adoptions. If we were really living in the spiral, I believe our characters would feel the same.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Elijah WildDreamer on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
I was thinking of hatching and its risks and I also know how many duplicate pets you can get from it so I was thinking what if there was a place like the bazaar for pets now stick with me here the cost would be depending on rarity and strength so a noob couldn't just waltz in and buy an epic chaos leviathan with spritely and fairy because the costs of a pet depend on its age rarity and talent so you don't have to worry about the risk of the hatchery if you have the gold for what your looking for of course certain pets would be too rare like crowns pets or school only that sort of thing but not hybrids and boss drops anything else is fair game idk It just seems preferable to beating wavebringer fifty times
That would be so amazing!! I mean, every pet I trained has failed me and had the talents I didn't really want(it happened to almost all of them). I kinda get frustrated....

ExaltedHarbinger of Light

Survivor
Aug 23, 2014
Elijah WildDreamer on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
i think that's a wonderful idea especially if we could use coins instead of crowns.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2014
Elijah WildDreamer on Oct 7, 2014 wrote:
i'm glad you understand my ideas
what about auctioning where you could place a unwanted pet up for auction and then later get coins or crowns for that pet?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
This is a fantastic suggestion! In the real world, you can adopt pets; so why not in Wizard 101 too.

I don't like deleting pets, and would rather sell or give them away. So having an adoption facility will allow other players to give away and obtain pets that would otherwise be deleted too.

The argument this will take away from individuals training pets is weak. Pets being adopted as a baby; still require training to reveal their talents.

The argument that players will stop training their pets if everyone has the same one is also weak. Players that want their pets to have talents will continue to train them.

The argument this will diminish their value and worth of a pet is weak too; players can already hatch their pets with other pets to obtain the same and different versions of pets.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
ye I mean if you got a lot of gold I don't see why you still must risk hatches besides so many pets wasted

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
This is so cray cray it just might work....I love this idea

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
The only (minimal) drawback I see with this is that any partially trained pets that are given up for adoption will most likely have the least desirable talents. It would, however, be an opportunity for pet collectors to obtain pets that they would normally have to get through hatching or crown purchases.
I give it a 3/4 thumbs up.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The only way I see this ever happening is if the pets put up are reset with no training and no hybrids, first gen only. This way you could still get certain hard dropped/crown pets with gold but you still know their genes. Even with that I don't think this will ever happen.

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
I love this idea! But I feel like the stats such as spritley, health gifts, etc should be reset so no one could go buy a mega pet that'll cast a fairy every other turn. So for example, an ancient pet would be "reset" to baby. I have so many unwanted piggles, lady blackhopes, treants, and so many other random pets I've gotten from battles that I'll never use. I have one pet I train, and that's it. So it'd be really nice to be able to get rid of all these pets instead of just deleting them!

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I love this idea I have so many pets. I hate deleting them so I just put the ones I dont use in one of my castles. Got a red barn farm full of piggles bats cat thugs spiders and a few ghost and banshees and ghouls that I use around Halloween also a nice little hoard of dragons I really wouldn't mind giving them away for someone else to train. Though I'll probably keep some of the dragons for nostalgia's sake

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
s but in order for a pet to be there with spritely or fairy it would mean somebody tossed it and that's not common

Survivor
Sep 27, 2014
This seems like an amazing idea! I have had to delete some pets such as the Blue Cyclops because I don't really want to have many of them and train them all. You could sell some pets for gold and maybe a little bit of crowns. But maybe some people should wait 2-5 minutes before adopting a 2nd, 3rd, 4th pet because then someone else can't get the pet(s) that they wanted and it would starts lots of drama. So KingsIsle should totally consider doing this!

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
Btw I have another pet related thread so if you want to see it check it out here I want it to be noticed so yeah
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/pet-ideas-8ad6a41648cfee440148e11228071ef8?reset=1
Oh and also why not have it so like in real life adopted pets can be a little bit less affectionate towards the new owner or they can be more so then a healing pet has a lower may cast percentage