Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A new much faster way to train pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2011
I recently discovered that these is a much much faster way to train pets, if you have some certain things.

1. A ton of snacks (higher the better)
2. A pet that you want to train quickly

Its simple. Do the dance training game, and hold the down button. Then you can multitask while your pet does the dancing. Since it will more than likely fail you can complete a game within about 10-20 seconds per game. Afterwards just feed your pet snacks! I leveled a pet from baby to adult in 10 minutes this way! Try it!

PS: If you enjoy playing the games a lot, this isn't for you!

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
you mean you don't care about points gained from completed all rounds, just points from snacks, right?

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
Wow that's cool :) I do like getting extra points from games though... thanks!

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
The key to your strategy appears to be the pet snacks, not necessarily the mini game you select. Out of curiosity, why would you choose a mini game you are not good at? You are only earning 1 point when you could be earning 4, which decreases the time necessary to achieve whatever level you're aiming for.

As an example, I use Mega snacks for my pets, but I ONLY play mini games that I'm good at, such as the Gobbler cannon, where I average 1-3 shots per game (you're allowed 10), gaining 3-4 points every time plus my pet snack.

Personally, I don't enjoy playing the mini games, I'm just after a well trained/talented pet, and I want to maximize the efficiency of my time spent.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Lol this is very handy/helpful~ I've just been playing the maze game. Really didn't help at all because I've been getting some weird pet talents that I honestly did not want. Thank you for sharing this! Maybe I should try the dance game.

ExaltedHarbinger of Light

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Dmlem28 on Oct 4, 2014 wrote:
Lol this is very handy/helpful~ I've just been playing the maze game. Really didn't help at all because I've been getting some weird pet talents that I honestly did not want. Thank you for sharing this! Maybe I should try the dance game.

ExaltedHarbinger of Light
FYI - the training games you choose to play will have absolutely no bearing on the talents your pet will get when you level it up. The talents are pre-determined at hatch. Only the pet's stats- strength, intellect, power etc. - will be impacted by the training games. The only real reason to play a game you're not particularly good at would be to increase a stat that your pet is lacking in. For example, there's one choice in the maze game where all 4 of the possible 4 points awarded will go to intellect. If you need to train up intellect, this would be a good choice.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Even with the biggest mega snacks, it will take about 75 runs of a game to get your pet to mega. If you get 4 points every time you complete a game perfectly (as I can do when I do the maze game), that means you get an extra 300 points by completing the maze game. This means you reduce your training time by 300 points -- which actually makes it overall faster to complete the games than to throw them. by throwing the games, and getting a max of 1 point, you would get 1/4 that, which is 75.

Not saying everyone wants to complete games -- they get mind-numbing after a while -- but it does mean you level up faster if you get the extra points.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Best way I've gotten pets to Mega is Grub Guardian. If you've played certain maps enough, you have them memorized, and you can place your little helpers, then just hang out. No clicking (unless you upgrade), and much less mind-numbing. The first GH map is easy-peasy, as are the Wizard City maps, and the first Krok map.

If you want to play games in the Pet Pavilion, I agree with Finn: those extra points make a big difference. And remember-we now have recipes from the fish guy in GH for high level pet snacks.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
For players able to access Mirror Lake in Zafaria, it drops 2 mega snacks worth 30 points each.

2 Wizards can do the dungeon, but 4 makes for a faster, easier run.

As far as the time it takes to train pets. I started a stop watch on the bull-eyes game. Using only mega snacks to feed my pet, it only took 2 1/2 minutes to go from baby to teen, 5 minutes to go from teen to adult, and almost 15 minutes to get from adult to ancient.

I'm going to experiment with doing the dancing game, and discover which method ends up training a pet to ancient and above faster.