Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-03-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! I’m taking one last holiday on the beach to celebrate the last few moments of summer, but I couldn't resist but to pop in and post a new Feedback Friday!

This week, let’s talk about SUN SCHOOL spells. What sun school spells would you add if you could wave your magic wand? Let us know what you think!

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
  • +100 critical rating and +100 damage to hit
  • +5% pierce, +5% accuracy, and +100 damage to hit
  • +150 block rating to shield, or +300 block rating to shield for 1 pip increase
  • x% increased chance of "may cast" pet talent (user only)
  • x% decreased chance of "may cast" pet talent (target only)
  • Rank 1 enchant, precede any targeted hit with a Rank 1 attack from your primary school

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
an upgraded version of primordial. At level 86, & the battles that level deals with, +100 to heal is not much help imo.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I think I would add a spell so that you could increase the strength of shields. Of course, this is coming from an Ice wizard. ;)

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
a trainable version of Elucidite
a spell that increases the percentage on Weakness and Black Mantle
a spell that increases the percentage on shields
a spell that increases the amount an absorb (like Spirit Armor) takes

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Legendary Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Master Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Adept Theurgist

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I'm at a creative low point at the moment, (lowest in what period of time is up for debate) So I'll throw in some mutations I can manage to think up. The actual numbers on the spell cards are for kingsisle to decide

Mutate ghoul into zombie, which does straight death damage instead of drain.
Mutate natures wrath into myth traveler, a one eyed treant that can found as a pet.
Mutate humungofrog into ice frost toad.
Mutate skeletal pirate into storm drowned mariner.
Mutate triton into myth merman
Mutate scarecrow into fire strawman.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
The spell is called Sun Flare does 550 damage to 1 or all enemy (you choose) and gives radiation poison in the form of smoke screen to that one or all

Survivor
Nov 16, 2012
add -20% resist on shield, but require 1 pip...

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Perhaps adding side effects to damage spells (purely damage, not spells like Efreet, Leviathan, or Medusa).
Maybe something along the lines of:
-15% shield to caster
+10% blade to caster
+10% trap to target
+5% pierce blade

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
off the top of my head, I'd say:

1) a stronger primordial
2) a +375 Damage spell (the next step after Colossal)
3) a spell to make absorbs stronger
4) a spell to make weakness stronger
5) a spell to make shield stronger

Anything somebody else mentioned, consider this my agreement

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
I agree with some of Miranda's suggestions.

A spell card that increases a specific school's shield resistance, a "Toughen Ward", or "Rigorous" enchant.
In my opinion, it should not be allowed to be placed on any version of the Tower Shield spell card.

It would also be nice to use spells card to strengthen the various Weakness spells that we are able to cast.
These spells may be situational, but are most useful when applied correctly in a duel, especially when stacked on a target.

There are so many synonyms for the word "weak" that a number of them would provide a suitable name for the enchantment card.

I have trained in Life school to Satyr, all the Dispells, and all the school shields, including Ice school to Tower, and so I'm anticipating using up some of my surplus Training Points.

Gabriel

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Oct 3, 2014 wrote:
Hello Wizards! I’m taking one last holiday on the beach to celebrate the last few moments of summer, but I couldn't resist but to pop in and post a new Feedback Friday!

This week, let’s talk about SUN SCHOOL spells. What sun school spells would you add if you could wave your magic wand? Let us know what you think!

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
What new Sun School spells would I add? Well, I would think... more new blade, trap, health, & damage enchantments after the ones we trained. I would really like to train plenty more like them. There's no end to these kind of favorite Sun School spells that I enjoy!

Survivor
May 31, 2010
I would have to say a mutate Phoenix into Sand Hawk (Fire to Balance), and other mutate spells for other schools. Their already are pets that would be the look for some mutates (looking at you phoenix pets and helephant hybrids), but no such spell existing that could be attached.

Nothing to ridiculous damage and ability wise, just stats that would fit each school's usual range and buff/de-buff types. I personally get excited when I see cool new spells, ether a brand new creature or new mutates in general, so seeing more for a wider range of schools would be really cool!

Survivor
May 28, 2011
well for me i would say plus 20 resist plus 50 critical plus thirteen accuracy and plus fifteen shield pierce and or damage which ever one works better

Survivor
Feb 11, 2013
Lucas Rain on Oct 3, 2014 wrote:
  • +100 critical rating and +100 damage to hit
  • +5% pierce, +5% accuracy, and +100 damage to hit
  • +150 block rating to shield, or +300 block rating to shield for 1 pip increase
  • x% increased chance of "may cast" pet talent (user only)
  • x% decreased chance of "may cast" pet talent (target only)
  • Rank 1 enchant, precede any targeted hit with a Rank 1 attack from your primary school
don't ya think that would make the game a little to easy? i mean? once you get that spell it seams like you would be kinda invicible.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2013
Storm Cadet 2017 on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
I would have to say a mutate Phoenix into Sand Hawk (Fire to Balance), and other mutate spells for other schools. Their already are pets that would be the look for some mutates (looking at you phoenix pets and helephant hybrids), but no such spell existing that could be attached.

Nothing to ridiculous damage and ability wise, just stats that would fit each school's usual range and buff/de-buff types. I personally get excited when I see cool new spells, ether a brand new creature or new mutates in general, so seeing more for a wider range of schools would be really cool!
yea, instead of just fire cat and kracken they should make mutates at a higher pip range.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
There are some interesting ideas in this thread, but many would be OP.

Anything stronger than what we have now should be level limited -- absolutely NEVER on gear items available to players under 100.

Here are a few ideas:

Brobdingnagian: +375 damage. Works like other sun damage enchants, but only on spells with a base cost of 6 pips or higher (to prevent spamming). Cost 0 pip.

Multiply: Turn any regular single (school) trap into trap-all-enemies. Cost 2 pip.

Invigorate: +175 health to healing spells. Works like Primordial but only on healing spells with a base cost of 3 pips or more. Cost 0 pip

I have mixed feelings about Simplify and Elucidate. I'd love to have them for questing, but they could create an insurmountable first turn advantage in PvP. Possible compromises might be to make them no-PvP, or limit availability to item or pet cards so we would have limited quantity rather than making them trainable. Having one or two from an amulet or pet would not be game-breaking and would be handy for certain boss fights.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2014
i've not been to sun school yet. i like to see more astral spells.

Administrator
Great ideas, everyone! I'll past these along to spellcrafting Wizards to see what they can discover out there in the Spiral.

A new Feedback Friday shall be coming your way shortly.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea