Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death needs more AoE

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
I'm a level 77 necromancer, and my title should explain all. We need more AoE spells! At level 46 or 56, I believe, we get scarecrow. Good if used correctly, but it's really not what I want. Much later, we have a chance to get deer knight... which is useful to an extent. And finally, we get Avenging Fossil. But my level, right in the middle of Caer Lyon, is in a sort of horrible limbo of useless new spells meant for bosses. I would enjoy getting an AoE spell to kill all of those horrible froudlings...

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
darkdoombro345 on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
I'm a level 77 necromancer, and my title should explain all. We need more AoE spells! At level 46 or 56, I believe, we get scarecrow. Good if used correctly, but it's really not what I want. Much later, we have a chance to get deer knight... which is useful to an extent. And finally, we get Avenging Fossil. But my level, right in the middle of Caer Lyon, is in a sort of horrible limbo of useless new spells meant for bosses. I would enjoy getting an AoE spell to kill all of those horrible froudlings...
Dude I soloed pretty much all of Avalon its easy

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Myth has a better case for needed a new AoE. How many times can one watch a frog barf?

Death has two of the most useful AoEs in the game. Crow can kill those Froudlings quite well, and you end with full health :)

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
darkdoombro345 on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
Yes, as a level 78 Necromancer, I agree. Honestly I love my scarecrow (level 48), but I wouldn't mind one more AoE spell that does slightly higher damage. It takes me forever to blade myself up and pray that I critical so I can get a one hit kill on every single enemy...so something a little more powerful that will not require me to continuously blade myself round after round after round, watching my health seep away, would definitely be more welcome.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
As a suggestion,

If you're problem is that you have to hit your enemies more than once, than why not use a harder hitting single target drain spell. This will eliminate one enemy per round, heal you, and reduce the amount of times you could be potentially attacked in the following rounds. Either way you will have to attack more than once, so why not use attacks that you know will eliminate the enemy.

Your Wraith spell has a higher base damage than Scarecrow, and if you wish to build up the Pips, then Dr. Von's will definitely eliminate a trash mob.

Gabriel

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
I love my deer knight death special AOE, untraditionally acquired. I also like using skeletal dragon TC.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Sydney Lotus on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
Yes, as a level 78 Necromancer, I agree. Honestly I love my scarecrow (level 48), but I wouldn't mind one more AoE spell that does slightly higher damage. It takes me forever to blade myself up and pray that I critical so I can get a one hit kill on every single enemy...so something a little more powerful that will not require me to continuously blade myself round after round after round, watching my health seep away, would definitely be more welcome.
Crow and Deer are great. I don't even try for critical. With a decent damage boost from gear and pet, a colossal Scarecrow will a few blades can take down most any mob with certainty.