Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lydia Greyrose's True School of Magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
Hello other students.
Today, I went to go learn a new spell from the Ice teacher Lydia Greyrose. When I went inside to learn the spell, i noticed the books sitting on the desks. They were called "The Magic of The Storm ". Does this mean that she was originally the storm school teacher? Also, by me being curious, I went behind her desk, and saw another book called "Magic Embers, The Art of Fire Spells ". Does this mean she use to teach fire magic as well? Or does this just mean, she learned the spells from the other teachers? I don't know, and comment below to tell me what you think.

Hunter DragonWhisper
lvl 100

PS please put more lore into this game.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
No, this doesn't mean anything. They are just books that the game designers put there to take up space. If you look in other school's, they have them too.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
PummmpkinLord on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
Hello other students.
Today, I went to go learn a new spell from the Ice teacher Lydia Greyrose. When I went inside to learn the spell, i noticed the books sitting on the desks. They were called "The Magic of The Storm ". Does this mean that she was originally the storm school teacher? Also, by me being curious, I went behind her desk, and saw another book called "Magic Embers, The Art of Fire Spells ". Does this mean she use to teach fire magic as well? Or does this just mean, she learned the spells from the other teachers? I don't know, and comment below to tell me what you think.

Hunter DragonWhisper
lvl 100

The're just there to take up space, I guess they thought it would be too much work to put "The Magic of the blizzard" and "The magic of the volcano". About putting more lore, I agree. Right now its mostly just repetitive fighting.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Here is a post from a long time ago where Prof. Greyrose replied. Looks like she has always been the Ice Professor.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/professer-greyrose--22775#117703

I'm from Candy World, a land of cookie roads, chocolate rivers and candy cane trees. I am one of three sisters (the youngest of the three, I'm actually only a half sister to them, which is why I have faerie wings and they do not). My two sisters are evil -- they live in gingerbread houses, and have cooked up a legion of gingerbread minions to continue the long, proud tradition of children-cooking evilness. It is probably my half-faery blood that made me "the good one." I learned ice magic as a way of putting out the fires underneath the cook pot, so that I could help the children get away.

Ambrose heard of my abilities and asked me to be the Ice Professor at Ravenwood.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
PummmpkinLord on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
Hello other students.

Hunter DragonWhisper
lvl 100

Did you bother going to any other school? they all have the same kind of thing.
Professor Greyrose is an Ice professor but that doesn't mean she can't ready or take an interest in other matters.

Survivor
May 28, 2014
So I checked and the books behind the Life and Storm professors are the same. I didn't check any others.

Never knew you could actually read a book cover back there.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
This reminds me of Volcanic shield somehow.