Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet May Cast abilities

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2014
My life wizard has a sea turtle that had Spritely, and then got Lifeblade. Both are "may cast" abilities.

Once he got Lifeblade, he never seems to cast Spritely any more. In dozens of battles, he casts Lifeblade quite often, but has only done Spritely once.

Am i just unlucky?

Or do pets with multiple may cast abilities tend to favor one over the other?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
May-cast abilities are triggered independently, so getting a second doesn't reduce the occurrence of the first, however the trigger conditions and cast rate of Spritely was changed last fall, so you may be noticing the overall drop.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
They have different triggers. Anything can trigger MC healing talents, MC blades are triggered by casting a blade or attacking generally. You're just in a dry spell with Spritely, it happens to everyone. MC healing will also tend to show up a lot more in team battles than in solo because there's a lot more triggers.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
I feel the same way. Once my pet got may cast shatter. It never cast fairy any more. But i think that it's just random. But i would try breeding/hatching the pets and see what you get. Hope this helped.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
May-cast abilities are triggered independently, so getting a second doesn't reduce the occurrence of the first, however the trigger conditions and cast rate of Spritely was changed last fall, so you may be noticing the overall drop.
My pet got 2 skills to cast but he never casts it
Dolan Mythhammer Level 100

Survivor
Jan 07, 2014
Does anyone know if KI has fixed the may cast problem? I played for over 12 hours yesterday and my epic pet, who is trained in both spritely and fairy friend , healed me only twice and it was consecutively. I saw the post from January about KI doing minor adjustments to the may cast and Greyrose said they were looking into it and asked us to be patient but nothing further has been written

KI please please please fix this issue. While most of us do not expect our pets to heal us every time we take a hit, I do believe that most of us do expect our pets to heal us more than two times in twelve hours of game play.

Thank your for any information anyone has in this matter.

Administrator
GraceSpiritBlood69 on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
Does anyone know if KI has fixed the may cast problem? I played for over 12 hours yesterday and my epic pet, who is trained in both spritely and fairy friend , healed me only twice and it was consecutively. I saw the post from January about KI doing minor adjustments to the may cast and Greyrose said they were looking into it and asked us to be patient but nothing further has been written

KI please please please fix this issue. While most of us do not expect our pets to heal us every time we take a hit, I do believe that most of us do expect our pets to heal us more than two times in twelve hours of game play.

Thank your for any information anyone has in this matter.
Hello Grace,

The May Cast abilities are working as intended at this time, so no changes are planned. But thank you for your feedback, and I hope you have better luck next time you are battling.

community@wizard101.com