Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Harder then I thought

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
So I'm a 100 balance trying to make it on the leaderboards or get at least a 1800-1600 rank I'm in the 1300.
However what's been making it so hard for me is that I'm trying to do t using no resist with an all out attack setup. I thought it shouldn't be too hard but it's pretty challenging, I haven't been able to make it to 1400 yet I only seem to either drop to 1200 or stay within 1300. However I'm mentioning this because some people who gave seen my matches. Sometimes mention why I have no resist or ask why I always say wanna see how far I can get with out zero resist, using a strategy of all out attack and power. I say this though and some people have the nerve too go pffff that's no challenge that's easy. I wish I could say that I really do... But I'm mainly here to ask the question is resist needed to reach high ranks I honestly feel it's not, but I wanna know what some other people think about it so feel free too share wt you think is it needed is it not? ( keep in mind I don't use corwins strategy with no resist with his mega heals)

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
What I see is that Wizard101 is starting to adopt a more typical "battle caste" system, giving you more and more options for tanks (all resistance) and berserkers (no resistance). You can see this most clearly in 3v3 and 4v4, but lately more often in 1v1 matchups. If the game continues to follow this pattern, hybrid characters who mix resistance and damage will quickly become the weaker builds. I've seen this dynamic come about in lots of other multiplayer games.

A lot of people aren't fans of that approach, they like to blend stats and think that hardline builds are too unimaginative and ruin the diversity of the game. KI could prevent hardlining in future updates. For example,
  • They could create gear that actually makes it feasible for high levels to use more than one school for attacking (anti-tank).
  • Along with dual-school gear, they could make Rank 7 spells trainable (anti-tank).
  • They could revoke the "cloakability" or "reshufflability" of Bad Juju (anti-tank).
  • They could develop new shield effects that reduce damage by a greater percentage if it's a critical hit (anti-berserker).
  • They could create offensive aura spells that lower armor pierce, lower critical rating, or lower accuracy of a single target for X number of rounds (anti-berserker).

At any rate, it will be interesting to see how Third Age shapes up. Hopefully it will live up to our expectations.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Lucas, excellent posting. I really like the idea of a shield with Critical block added to it.

NorthStar,

I have seen several Wizards make it up to the 2000 area, with no resist, but they have only been
Death and Life. I have seen several balance that have made it to 2000 with very low resist, and
very aggressive builds. To date, I have not seen or fought any Balance in the 2000 range, with
no resist at all. Not to say it couldn't be done, as I have seen Storm do it without any problem
in 1v1 (I know it's a stretch to compare the two).

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Low resist or no resist? If no resist, what boots are you using for block rating? If it's low resist, I have seen some Balance wizards using a Death Mastery Amulet, Hades' Helm of Penance, Hades' Raiment of Justice, Slippers of Perfect Poise (or Trader's Hard Boots of Winter). Lunar Scepter of Anubis, Duelist's Daredevil Ring, Blade of the Felled Titan, and usually a pet giving 2 critical talents, 2 damage talents, and 1 block talent. I believe using a Death Mastery Amulet is the only possible way to get to rank 1800 as an offensive Balance.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
PvP King on Sep 20, 2014 wrote:
Low resist or no resist? If no resist, what boots are you using for block rating? If it's low resist, I have seen some Balance wizards using a Death Mastery Amulet, Hades' Helm of Penance, Hades' Raiment of Justice, Slippers of Perfect Poise (or Trader's Hard Boots of Winter). Lunar Scepter of Anubis, Duelist's Daredevil Ring, Blade of the Felled Titan, and usually a pet giving 2 critical talents, 2 damage talents, and 1 block talent. I believe using a Death Mastery Amulet is the only possible way to get to rank 1800 as an offensive Balance.
Sounds like me my stats are the following

Damage: 90% (bal)
Accuracy: 15% (bal)
Piercing : 15%
Power pip: 74%
Block: 205
Crit: 505
Resist: 0 except for my fire and death they are 11% I believe which is still zero in my eyes seeing as how it get Pierced and doesn't save me.

My heaths about 4800
And yep I use death amy