Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

MAJOR Gift Window Overhaul

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
In one of the most recent updates, the housing item placement screen has been improved to stack like items together and showing the quantity that you have as of the March update (https://www.wizard101.com/forum/new-game-updates/gardening-housing-updates-8ad6a414449189940144fefdf713561c ). If the gift window was converted to this type of display, and items stacked, it would be SOOO much more efficient. Under MOST circumstances, we would only need a few pages worth of stuff rather than maxing the 10 page limit daily. Perfect example. Since power playing Grub Guardian, here is what I have in my gift box:

Current method:
Pages – 10
Total VISIBLE items – 40
Total Current items – 37
Major XP Elixir – 22
Vengeful Elixir – 15

Proposed method:
Items per page – 10
Total Current items – 37
Boxes used to show all of my current gifts – 2 with a counter on each box

The BIGGEST offenders that would be cut down, would be potions and gold. If this method was used, then they could also be sorted out by item tabs (like the housing item window). It could be sorted into Potions, Gold, Gear, Pets, etc. It would be MUCH better organized and easier to see what you have.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
Really good idea man ...would love to see it put in place...

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
The developers probably didn't foresee stockpiling elixirs to the extent that avid players do. I agree that the gift window needs a usability overhaul. It's too cumbersome, clunky.

If it makes sense for items to stack, they should stack, and the gardening update shows that the team has the know-how to make this happen.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Lucas Rain on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
The developers probably didn't foresee stockpiling elixirs to the extent that avid players do. I agree that the gift window needs a usability overhaul. It's too cumbersome, clunky.

If it makes sense for items to stack, they should stack, and the gardening update shows that the team has the know-how to make this happen.
I think when specific boards (those that reward with potions) were created, and people found out about it, the desire to play grew like wildfire. I think it's taken on a life of its own at this point. The gift window became outdated as soon a Grub Guardian was invented. Between the potions and gold, how many spots does that take up for most people who avidly play GG?