Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If someone used this strategy, what would you thin

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
If someone is adamant about not using TC cards in pvp at all, is there a reasonable chance they could succeed or would this deem failure, and at what percentage would you estimate?

Also, is this answer generalized across the board, or specific to certain classes, or certain levels of those certain classes?

Experiences?

Thoughts?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Choosing not to have treasure cards at all is a losing strategy for all levels and schools. You can choose not to use TC attack cards and do perfectly fine, but don't abandon TC in general. Extra blades/traps, emergency heals, reshuffles, utility spells for off schools like pierce/cleanse dispels... there's loads of uses for the TC slots that don't involve attack cards, it's very limiting to not take advantage of them.

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
FrelaB on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
If someone is adamant about not using TC cards in pvp at all, is there a reasonable chance they could succeed or would this deem failure, and at what percentage would you estimate?

Also, is this answer generalized across the board, or specific to certain classes, or certain levels of those certain classes?

Experiences?

Thoughts?
I agree 100% with Seethe42, his advice is rock solid.

Think of it this way, you have a agressive player that wants to drop multiple feints on you.
One empower Treasure card can remove them and save the match, or at least buy time for you.

An Ice is across from you, and has stacked five blades and is about to Frostbite or use
a higher damage spell.
You have an TC Earthquake that you release just before he uses his Frostbite. You have
just avoided a huge amount of damage, and now can keep searching for the cards you
need.

You need enough pips to attack, as the opponent has little health, one TC empower could
give you the needed pips to attack.

You have taken the Opponnet down to under 200 health, but they have four pips, and you need
to stop them from healing. One TC stun can stop them from healing so you can get your
hit in to take them out.

Just a few basic examples of how valuable TC's can be in a ranked match.
Those that don't use them, or don't want them to be in PvP, are those that may
not understand their value. Treasure cards makes the match more even, by
allowing a player to get by the limitations of his/her native cards.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
Its mainly a losing strategy for lower levels 10-20 since thats pretty much what they rely on to kill. (not trying to say low levels are bad without them)

As for the higher level you could still win without treasure cards, But it will be easier with them.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
FrelaB on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:

Experiences?

Thoughts?
Maybe a Fire could do it, but remember how many strategies there are. Without TC, you
have limited how many you can defend against. Could you get to Warlord, I think yes, but
could you get to 1500, most likely not.

The key to TC is having a garden that drops some of them that you need.
Plus when it give mega snacks for your pets, it's makes the game easier to play.

I would question why the person does not want to use TC, what could the reason be?
To limit your ability to play the game as others, I can really see no reason to put those
kind of limitations on yourself.

I think that TC affect all levels, even up to level 100. The two wizards that could have
an easier time without them would be Fire and Death. Even then, it would have a much
harder time without being able to draw what they want went the really need it.

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
I do alot of low level PVP (Initiate, adept, magus) and all my characters have gotten pvp gear without TC. I may have a TC heal in and that's about it. The rest are my cards (although some may be enchanted). My teams are very effective in PVP, winning about 70% of my matches in ranked and 80-90% in practice.

I encounter lots of TC users, and can overcome them. Many are Warlords, Commanders etc.

If anyone wants to pvp with my team to have some fun and to see how it can be done, let me know.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
Thanks for your responses.

IcicleWar, you say "Treasure cards make the match more even" so is that why I saw a level 6 warlord yesterday? (I have screenshots just we aren't allowed to post them here???)

Veracity8, you say "I would question why the person does not want to use TC", to which my response would be, could you imagine what pvp would be like without TC? If there at least was even an option to sign up for TC-less pvp do you think any of the general population would utilize that option? Or does everyone love TC and have equal opportunities at acquiring the same TCs other players have, so everything is fair and square with no advantage to players who buy crowns or players who play 24/7? Of course buying crowns and playing 24/7 should offer an advantage in game, as most mmos do, but is it truly fair in pvp? Or should pvp be 100% skill based on strategy of when and what to play, defense vs. offense, what to put in your deck, which schools to spec into etc......Just a thought.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
FrelaB on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for your responses.

IcicleWar, you say "Treasure cards make the match more even" so is that why I saw a level 6 warlord yesterday? (I have screenshots just we aren't allowed to post them here???)

Veracity8, you say "I would question why the person does not want to use TC", to which my response would be, could you imagine what pvp would be like without TC? If there at least was even an option to sign up for TC-less pvp do you think any of the general population would utilize that option? Or does everyone love TC and have equal opportunities at acquiring the same TCs other players have, so everything is fair and square with no advantage to players who buy crowns or players who play 24/7? Of course buying crowns and playing 24/7 should offer an advantage in game, as most mmos do, but is it truly fair in pvp? Or should pvp be 100% skill based on strategy of when and what to play, defense vs. offense, what to put in your deck, which schools to spec into etc......Just a thought.
Frelab,

Not to butt in on IcicleWar (what ever that name means??), but a level 6,10,19,28, etc warlords,
what does that mean. They won more games than they lost, about 25 to 40 more, and they
get Warlord. I really don't see what the big deal on the title warlord, just about anyone can get it.

Now, take TC's out of the picture, and what do we have, let me give you one example.
(This is just one example, I can think of plenty more that would be even worst).
Now, I can make a Balance, get the gear that gives me two Feints, and have a pet
that gives me Feint plus learn feint. I can pack four different feints on you and hit you
with a full pip Judge. That will be right after I run you out of the Max Tower shields you can
carry with my Scorps/wands. GG, Game ends, and I will win almost each and every time.
The only person that may be able to stop me is a Death, Fire depending on their
level and maybe a Myth depending on their level.

See how limited certain schools become when you remove TC. Balance, Storm and Life have
no way to easily remove shields or feints stacking. Balance has no damage over time spells.
Etc, etc, all schools have their limitations, but TC's do nothing more than allow a solid balance.
That is why, imo, almost anyone that has hit Commander or higher would never op for a
non-TC pvp. Maybe a Myth, but even they don't have all the tools they need when you get
into the Commander area. Why, because now they have a limited deck, and would have
to really dig into their decks at a unreal rate.....

People complain about a low level beating them with TC, and I sit there saying to myself,
there is someone that has no experience in PvP. I read, "oh and then they used Triton and
I am only a level 19 and they were a Level 15". The first thing I do in Low Level is put up
a Storm and Fire shield, plus have my Tower and Weakness ready. I don't just complain
that I was killed by a High level spell, I am prepared to defend against it.

That's the real problem, it's not that TC's are used, it's that people are not prepared for
what is about to happen. A good warlord knows when he faces a Fire, Storm, Death, etc,
what could happen based on the number of pips his oppenent has. Someone with
no xp is blindsided and then starts complaining about TC's. That's the way I see it,
it's just they lost and didn't like losing.

PvP still takes a lot of skill, you just need to know how to set up your deck and how to play.
If I start a match with the wrong mindset, and play PVE slow, you can bet my chances of winning
have just dropped, by a lot.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
Veracity, you bring up valid points, saying "take TCS out of the picture...." I think there would still be a descent amount of strategy and chance for the different schools to battle. Choosing what gear, what pet, what secondary (or third, 4th etc) school, a mastery amulet, buying into the packs that offer learned spells, etc would become much more important than it is now. Being higher level and having more training points and gear options would become much more of a goal, whereas now I see level 6 warlords, which is surprising to me coming from other mmos where no one can be leet pvper without gearing up and leveling up. Just seems like some players put all their "strategy" into how they build their TC deck. You also get some players that earn their own gold or TC in game, and others who barely play and just buy their TC or gold via crowns. In no way am I saying ban TC in pvp, but I do think it would be interesting to have TC-less fights, and to see how the strategy would play out then. But I guess that is something we can never experience in this game at this time.