Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Freezing a plant in harvest of wilting stage.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 02, 2010
I would absolutely love King Isle to consider making a spell that allows a player to make a plant stay frozen in its wilting stage or ready to harvest stage. Wilting plants are great for haunted houses and ready to harvest stage plants are great because they dance and look happy plus have a brilliant green ring around them. I really wish something like this was out already. Hope this is considered.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I believe this is already the case, and would not require any new spell at all.

I have found that you can leave a plant that is ready to harvest indefinitely -- at least, I have some that I have not touched in about a month, and they just stay there in their ghostly state. This leaves them available for "liked" status for other plants.

And others have reported that you can leave a dead plant in a garden indefinitely and also still get the "liked" benefit from it.

So if you want to use this idea for decorating your death house, go for it!

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I see no problem with a spell or option that would freeze a plant's progress bar. This addresses is a common problem for those of us who have tour gardens.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
I believe this is already the case, and would not require any new spell at all.

I have found that you can leave a plant that is ready to harvest indefinitely -- at least, I have some that I have not touched in about a month, and they just stay there in their ghostly state. This leaves them available for "liked" status for other plants.

And others have reported that you can leave a dead plant in a garden indefinitely and also still get the "liked" benefit from it.

So if you want to use this idea for decorating your death house, go for it!
What I mean is. Lets say I have a Queen Crape Myrtle spell and I love how it dances when its in harvest stage(not elder or second spring stage), eventually the plant will get needs or die and I will need to plant a new one. If I wanted to plant a new one than it would take a while growing and I would need to farm quite hard for it.
"And others have reported that you can leave a dead plant in a garden indefinitely and also still get the "liked" benefit from it."
If its possible, I would love to know how.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Lucas Rain on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
I see no problem with a spell or option that would freeze a plant's progress bar. This addresses is a common problem for those of us who have tour gardens.
Yea EXACTLY. I just happen to have a house on tour and its on the leaderboards for mazes and I really love the when my Queen Crape Myrtle plant dances . Its really cute.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Alex Stormlight on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
What I mean is. Lets say I have a Queen Crape Myrtle spell and I love how it dances when its in harvest stage(not elder or second spring stage), eventually the plant will get needs or die and I will need to plant a new one. If I wanted to plant a new one than it would take a while growing and I would need to farm quite hard for it.
"And others have reported that you can leave a dead plant in a garden indefinitely and also still get the "liked" benefit from it."
If its possible, I would love to know how.
Have you tried just leaving the plant alone and not doing anything to it?

That is "how." That is really all there is to it. When the plant is in harvest stage, the last stage, all ghostly and pale, just don't harvest it. It will stay that way indefinitely.

Likewise, once a plant is dead, just leave it there. It will stay in the plot, dead, for as long as you like.

This is not true for the other stages -- when growing, the plants have needs and will die without care. But once they are dead, they just stay that way. And also, once they are ready to harvest, they just stay that way.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
FinnAgainWindrider on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Have you tried just leaving the plant alone and not doing anything to it?

That is "how." That is really all there is to it. When the plant is in harvest stage, the last stage, all ghostly and pale, just don't harvest it. It will stay that way indefinitely.

Likewise, once a plant is dead, just leave it there. It will stay in the plot, dead, for as long as you like.

This is not true for the other stages -- when growing, the plants have needs and will die without care. But once they are dead, they just stay that way. And also, once they are ready to harvest, they just stay that way.
Actually, if you go back and look, you'll see the OP is talking about harvest, not elder harvest. Note how the OP was talking about green circles. Further, he was talking about wilted, not dead.

Since having visitors present in your house makes your progress bar advance, none of the fixes you suggested will apply.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Lucas Rain on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Actually, if you go back and look, you'll see the OP is talking about harvest, not elder harvest. Note how the OP was talking about green circles. Further, he was talking about wilted, not dead.

Since having visitors present in your house makes your progress bar advance, none of the fixes you suggested will apply.
Oh, sorry I misunderstood. I did think he meant elder harvest and dead.

Yeah, then I guess you would need some kind of freeze spell if it is the intermediate stages.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Lucas Rain on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:

Yea. Exactly. I know I can already do that with elder harvest stage and when the plant is complete dead, but not in the early harvest stages and "wilted" stage.