Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Item - Mystical Aquarium

AuthorMessage
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Simple item from a game standpoint I think. Have it work like the Fantastic Fish Bowl. Click X to enter. That's where the similarity ends. You enter an underwater area, inside the aquarium. Open housing items, add/remove fish from caught fish and add/remove decorations also. Inside you would be allowed 25 decoration items and 25 fish. The fish would roam around at random like pets do when released in homes.

I think a lot of players would pick up fishing with this addition. They could also sell aquarium packs for decoration items. Make it Craftable and Crown Shop item.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Awesome idea! I hope there will be more ways to display and interact with our fish like that.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
I love this idea!, And when you get under water the fish are bigger than you (not to much bigger). Or maybe you shrink .

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Best idea I've heard in a long time.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Yeah I totally agree. The aquariums they have right now are kind of annoying(and in my opinion, overpriced) because they only hold one fish. It would be awesome if they released a special house where your fish could swim freely through, or even a item like you said. I think it would definitely be an easy sell, and it would most likely increase the interest in fishing.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
This idea is so much WIN!! Oh please KI make something like this happens.. Even if it is part of a card bundle you could buy either online or at a store.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
seethe42 on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Simple item from a game standpoint I think. Have it work like the Fantastic Fish Bowl. Click X to enter. That's where the similarity ends. You enter an underwater area, inside the aquarium. Open housing items, add/remove fish from caught fish and add/remove decorations also. Inside you would be allowed 25 decoration items and 25 fish. The fish would roam around at random like pets do when released in homes.

I think a lot of players would pick up fishing with this addition. They could also sell aquarium packs for decoration items. Make it Craftable and Crown Shop item.
Like I said, I love the idea and here's another idea I had in mind...

A craftable house that would actually have standard aquariums built right into the walls, something like what you might see at Sea World. Regular Keeper aquariums stacked two high, Small Fry aquariums stacked three high, Whoppers in single file. This would give you the option of displaying your fish without the sensation of living in a fish bowl. (Not that this is necessarily a bad thing)
I have one house dedicated to this design but of course the aquariums take up a lot of room and leave very little area left for other decorations, furniture etc., not to mention the fact that the tanks and the fish all occupy item slots which also limits other items in the house. Also, Lifeacudas might be close to being added to the endangered species list considering how many I've had to catch to craft the over 50 Regular aquariums I have so far.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Whether it's this idea or something else, I hope there's something developed to store more fish. I kind of wanted to keep a collection of at least one of every species I caught, as well as the biggest whoppers and the smallest small fries.

But as more species get added, I don't think I'm going to be able to do that because I'm not going to craft an aquarium for every fish I want to keep.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
Great idea. I am all for this. In fact, why not combine Seethe42's and Tucson Wizard's ideas and make it a full wall aquarium that the owner can enter and decorate with special aquarium deco items then add as many of the fish from the caught fish list as they like? It could auto scale itself to fit any flat wall even if it had posts or windows and just replace that wall section from corner to corner of that room. Make it unusable in rooms where corners are greater or less than 90 degrees or in rooms where the wall is under a minimum size. Fish swim randomly but all fish would move around entire area (front to back, side to side) within a given time frame. Maybe 2-3 minutes. Visitors would be able to see the fish in the back but they would be much smaller due to distance scaling. But please do not cloud the water. Make it crystal clear for more enjoyable viewing.