Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Soloing ngozi as a 26 life wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
It was hard, after reading around I get the impression I did something unusual, can I be proud I did it?

It is my first character, untwinked, no crowns, nothing farmed, just what I can buy from the bazaar.

I had to make several special decks to do it, one for killing his support characters, then die, and come back against him alone, with another deck custom made for a 3,400 hp boss.
All the attacks, life-blades, and feints I could carry, and the minion was my heal spammer.
She almost killed it at the end with an imp too, that would have been really funny if it ended like that.
As it was, what was supposed to be a 90 minute dungeon, took me 5 hours.
I died from lag and had to restart the dungeon three times which definitely made it drag on more than it had to.
As of Kroc this doesn't feel like a kids game so much any more, starting to feel a bit more hard-core now.
Or maybe my character is just wimpy, you guys can tell me which. :-)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Jesse LifeMancer on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
It was hard, after reading around I get the impression I did something unusual, can I be proud I did it?

It is my first character, untwinked, no crowns, nothing farmed, just what I can buy from the bazaar.

I had to make several special decks to do it, one for killing his support characters, then die, and come back against him alone, with another deck custom made for a 3,400 hp boss.
All the attacks, life-blades, and feints I could carry, and the minion was my heal spammer.
She almost killed it at the end with an imp too, that would have been really funny if it ended like that.
I died from lag and had to restart the dungeon three times which definitely made it drag on more than it had to.
As of Kroc this doesn't feel like a kids game so much any more, starting to feel a bit more hard-core now.
Altho I think you did quite well here it is an optional instance so maybe not a good judge of how difficult the game really is. After running my first wizard though too many things that were optional I have now learned which is main and with is a side quest I do not take.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Danger,_Beware!

You will find a few of these though out the game. Sunken City, Kennsington Park in Marleybone, Marleybone Warehouse, Helephant Tower, BriskBreeze, the Mt Olympus area, are others. These are usually easier in teams of 2 or more wizards and are for those who like more of a challenge but are not required or needed to progress in the game. Some who take them get a higher level wizard to help or wait till they are a higher level to complete them.

Mary

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jesse LifeMancer on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:

The hard-core gaming doesn't start until much later on in the game so be prepared! This was an optional duel and one made to be more difficult... see the link below:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Tomb_of_the_Beguiler

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Well, that 90 minutes is probably calculated with 2-3 wizards in mind, and the dungeon is supposed to be a challenge to begin with. If you think Krok is hardcore, wait until you see Tartarus.
Personally, I'm not too impressed, 1v1ing a boss is pretty easy, especially with a minion. About 10 levels from where you are now, I killed Gladiator Dimachaerus with 4 people, and he has about 9 times the health of Ngozi and a minion too.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
The first story arc (Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, MooShu, Dragonspyre) seems like a walk in the park compared to the second arc (Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca, Khrysalis). Krokotopia wasn't very hard for me though it only gets harder in Marleybone and up. I'd recommend at your level doing Wysteria and Grizzleheim if you haven't. Grizzleheim will be worth it in the long run, trust me. Good Luck on your coming adventures
Megan Frostflame Level 100