Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 50 Gear Help

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Ok so I already have gear for Levels 5 through 45 but as always, Level 50 is the HARDEST turning point in the game since you NEED Critical Block in order to even block any of the criticals that the enemies you're fighting does. Could anyone tell me some good gear I could buy that gives a good amount of Resistance & Critical Block (and Damage along with it would be appreciated)? Is there any good Level 50 Gear that I can easily get that gives a good amount of Critical Block and Resistance? It could be from Packs, Bundles, or from a Boss or anything else. It could be from anything, I just need to know some good Level 50 Gear that I can get that'll give me a good amount of Critical Block and Resistance. I'll need a Hat, Robe, Boots, and Wand. And possibly a Athame/Ring if there's any good ones you can get that'll give Critical Block. It must be for Level 50. I can easily craft the Level 56 Gear but I'll have to have some Critical Block and Resistance to even survive the battles to get to Level 56 in the first place so can anyone tell me any good Level 50 Gear I could buy/farm for that'll give Critical Block and Resistance? I really need help here, could anyone help me out here?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
Ok so I already have gear for Levels 5 through 45 but as always, Level 50 is the HARDEST turning point in the game since you NEED Critical Block in order to even block any of the criticals that the enemies you're fighting does. Could anyone tell me some good gear I could buy that gives a good amount of Resistance & Critical Block (and Damage along with it would be appreciated)? Is there any good Level 50 Gear that I can easily get that gives a good amount of Critical Block and Resistance? It could be from Packs, Bundles, or from a Boss or anything else. It could be from anything, I just need to know some good Level 50 Gear that I can get that'll give me a good amount of Critical Block and Resistance. I'll need a Hat, Robe, Boots, and Wand. And possibly a Athame/Ring if there's any good ones you can get that'll give Critical Block. It must be for Level 50. I can easily craft the Level 56 Gear but I'll have to have some Critical Block and Resistance to even survive the battles to get to Level 56 in the first place so can anyone tell me any good Level 50 Gear I could buy/farm for that'll give Critical Block and Resistance? I really need help here, could anyone help me out here?
There does seem to be a gap in your level and the world you can be questing in when you get past DS with gear. You also may want to have learned the ins and outs of the capabilities of the school you are playing to help get past this gear shortage. It may explain the reason why a lot have issues completing or even questing past Celestia.

There are bits of gear available from Wintertusk at lvl 52 I think. Some sells at the Bazaar. I usually just try to get by to the lvl 56 crafted and then get bits of other gear lvl 56/58. Accept for my wand this gear stays with me. Oddly by the time you get all the critical and block going it becomes null and void because the monster block critical and you don't block theirs. You end up spending more time trying to get the right gear to use again. Then it's "are you" offensive or defensive, then this or that is the gear for you.

In the end I have made it though to KS with this low level stuff. Is it fun, no, but it can be done, it surely slows game play down and a lot more thought is needed for battles. A lot of the problem seems to lie in the fact that as game play advances and I am sure a lot of us experience this, our friends list drops off so as you decided to progress in the game your friends didn't, now you are a solo player in worlds that you may need the help most in... In upper worlds I come across more people alone then in groups of 2 or more. A lot that don't really care for team up wait for help with dungeons/tower fights. Not everyone who plays this game has the patience for that.

Mary

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Don't get level 50 gear. I recommend just going with your gear until you get to level 52. It shouldn't be too hard.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2013
what class do you like the most

Survivor
Sep 09, 2013
so level 50 wizard its a beast level 50 and up and what class are you i am in

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I agree with previous comments in that there's no decent block gear until 52, and as you know, the 56 Craft Gear is very good. If you're getting crunched in CL, consider questing in WinterTusk first. If you do WT first, CL is much easier.