Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 59 Necromancer - How's my Deck?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
X3 Tower Shield
X3 Gargantuan
X3 Satyr (Mastery)
X2 Amplify
X3 Curse
X1 Dark Pact
X3 Death Trap
X3 Death Blade
X3 Feint
X4 Scarecrow
X3 Skeletal Dragon
X2 Spirit Blades/Traps
X6 Wand Attacks
X1 Dragonblade (From Pet)

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
If you're fighting ordinary mobs, you have way too many cards, and you should cut it back to X3 Gargantuan, X1 Deathblade, and X3 Scarecrow. There's no point in anything else unless you happen to learn Deer Knight. If you believe you need other cards, carry them in your side deck as TC.

If you're fighting a boss solo, this setup looks good.

If you're fighting a boss with a team, you might just take out all your hits and focus on putting blades and traps up, as well as putting plagues on the enemies.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
XRaisingSplashX on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
X3 Tower Shield
X3 Gargantuan
X3 Satyr (Mastery)
X2 Amplify
X3 Curse
X1 Dark Pact
X3 Death Trap
X3 Death Blade
X3 Feint
X4 Scarecrow
X3 Skeletal Dragon
X2 Spirit Blades/Traps
X6 Wand Attacks
X1 Dragonblade (From Pet)
Altho it does depend on your game play style our Death runs a much shorter deck situation.

1 stun block for fights that can stun
3 gargs
3 death blades
2 death traps - and one from gear stackable
2 feints
2 scarecrows
2 wraith
1 vampire if finish up is needed or tcs as back up
1 tri blade 1 tri trap - rarely used
wand of course
if running in group a sacrifice is put in

Extra blade from Wintertusk crafted helmet.
Scarecrow pet with MC, death blade, trap, spritely

Mob deck set up of course is a lot less based around Scarecrow and can be the starter deck
We usually keep 3 decks one mob, one boss and one to customize for solo events like for spells etc. or cheating bosses.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Your style and mind are different, and you dont have Sharpened blade yet (and wont for quite some time) but what I did was go for faster attacking. I used spells that buffed at 0 pips (Death blade, Curse, death trap). Also, all of my spells were life sap spells so every hit healed me. Go with less cards and add in a reshuffle or two and you'll be fine

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Looks pretty good for a boss fight, just that you shouldn't need to train Life as a Necromancer in my opinion, you have your drains. For mob fights, you should have a few Scarecrows, the same amount of Gargs, and some blades.