Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questions about Crafting Spells and Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2013
Hello!

I have recently started crafting on all of my characters. I've gathered a few questions while starting my crafting journey.

1. When you craft a spell (like from the goat in the Mooshu dungeon) does that spell go into your deck like a regular spell? Or is it a one-time use, like treasure cards?

2. I've noticed that when I play on my storm character, I cannot craft storm items. Can you only craft gear that can be used on different wizards?

Thanks,

Hunter Wildforge, Transcendent
Hunter Legendthief, Magus

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
1. There are both types of spells in crafting. The Lore spells you are referring to are learned spells and become a part of your decks just like school trained spells. You can also learn recipes for Treasure Cards from different vendors and your school tree.

2. If your character cannot craft something it's because that character doesn't have the crafting level needed. School doesn't matter, you can craft any school's gear with any other school. Certain high level items like shadow wands cannot be traded, but any wizard can craft any item.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Rogue Leviathan on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
Hello!

I have recently started crafting on all of my characters. I've gathered a few questions while starting my crafting journey.

1. When you craft a spell (like from the goat in the Mooshu dungeon) does that spell go into your deck like a regular spell? Or is it a one-time use, like treasure cards?

2. I've noticed that when I play on my storm character, I cannot craft storm items. Can you only craft gear that can be used on different wizards?

Thanks,

Hunter Wildforge, Transcendent
Hunter Legendthief, Magus
When you craft a spell it goes in your deck like a regular spell.

You should be able to craft Storm items on a Storm wizard, it may be that you do not have the high enough badge to craft the item you are trying to.

Mary

Survivor
Feb 27, 2013
Thank you both. This answered my questions