Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Decks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2013
I want to know how to build a efficient balance deck I'm only lvl 16 and have about 16-18 space in my deck which really stinks. Should I base it on shields or attks?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Health n mana on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
I want to know how to build a efficient balance deck I'm only lvl 16 and have about 16-18 space in my deck which really stinks. Should I base it on shields or attks?
The 2 guides here helped me form a pretty decent Balance wizard. I didn't follow it to the letter but got a general idea on how to play Balance.

In terms of deck size it's been my experience that "just because it can" hold many cards doesn't mean you fill the deck. It's best to balance the monsters in the area with spells needed to defeat them.

Mary

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Sandstorm and Balanceblade for the street, add traps and a single hit for bosses.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Well for minion fights, such as "defeat x amount of manders" or "defeat and collect x amount", use a starter deck. Put in just enough spells to kill (sandstorm, blade, heal, and maybe a backup sandstorm). Then for bosses, use the deck that allows most cards and treasure cards to be held. Youll almost definatly find it in the Bazaar. If you have tower shield, max those out along with pixie. Thats all you need for defense. Then max balance blade, have 2 sandstorm, 3 locust swarm, and the lasttwo slots can be used how you see fit.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
Northlite on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
The 2 guides here helped me form a pretty decent Balance wizard. I didn't follow it to the letter but got a general idea on how to play Balance.

In terms of deck size it's been my experience that "just because it can" hold many cards doesn't mean you fill the deck. It's best to balance the monsters in the area with spells needed to defeat them.

Mary
Seems my link got lost.

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/category/gameplay-guides/school-gameplay-guides/balance/

Mary

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
could you tell me where to find the guides you mentioned please?

Thank You,

Scarlet ShadowStone Level 87 Scarlet SwiftRiver Level 21

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
At level 16 its not a big issue, but eventually you are going to find yourself facing balance bosses with 80% balance resist. Your balance damage spells won't help you with those bosses, as they will do very little damage. You want to keep a separate deck specifically for fighting balance bosses. The balance deck will focus on spells that do not do balance damage, such as spectral blast. Spectral blast plus some supporting multipliers like elemental blade and hex will serve you well vs balance bosses, but is not as effective as judgement and sandstorm are for opponents that don't have balance resist. It is usually a bad idea to try to mix regular balance spells and anti-balance boss spells in the same deck, as the extra clutter makes it hard to draw the card you need.

You also will do well to acquire some balance resist clothing items for fighting balance bosses, 50% or greater balance resist clothes make defeating balance bosses much easier. But balance resist is pointless fighting non-balance creatures, so keep separate clothes for fighting everything else.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2013
I am lvl 22 now and have storm shark and that comes in handy in krokotopia and balance comes in handy in grizzleheim