Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to get gold for hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
My pet is pretty bad. 4% damage, tower shield and power pip at like 5 or 6%. I'm in the drake hatchery in DS and i wanted to know where is the best place to farm gold to hatch? I already have 20k but i've hatched up to 60k and got nothing. But my friend who i'm hatching knows that we are infact hatching when we can. If anyone wants to hatch with me which i doubt feel free to say something.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I think Wintertusk is the best place to farm for quick gold. There are some caves in Austrilund that have bosses that reliably drop good items to sell, without too much hassle defeating the bosses. But most of the WT bosses drop good stuff for sale -- just find one that is easy for your school to beat and there you go.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Halfang Bristlecrown in Vestrilund (Wintertusk) is a popular gold farming ATM.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Grandmaster Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Magus Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Apprentice Theurgist

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Halfang Bristlecrown in Vestrilund only drops auctionable items. Each go for 2000+ gold. You must have the quest to defeat him completed, which takes only a hour or two to do. Heres his wiki page:

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Halfang_Bristlecrown

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
Is there any other place for getting gold? Because I can go to Wintertusk but I haven't done any quests of some sort. I would also like to focus on DS.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Gardening is a good way to get gold and pet snacks. Some plants drop gold, snacks, and reagents or treasure cards you can sell to get more gold. Fighting bosses works too, as others have suggested. Wintertusk is a popular area, but not the only one. DS and Mooshu bosses might work for you if you don't have access to WT yet.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Blaze Dragonrider1... on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:
Is there any other place for getting gold? Because I can go to Wintertusk but I haven't done any quests of some sort. I would also like to focus on DS.
Well you can go to lots of places, but WT is the best for farming.

If you have not done the WT quests, then you can just start them -- then it is questing, not farming, so even more interesting. You still get good loot, and good XP as well. You will come back to DS stronger and richer.

You of course will also get gold in DS, just not as quickly.

So, you asked where the best place to farm for gold was, and we told you -- Wintertusk. What you choose to do with this information is up to you.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
I could hatch with you if you want, my pet isn't the best, but I think it's good for a pet. It has Spell Proof(+9% resist to all schools), Pain Giver(+6% damage to all schools), MC Fairy(May Cast Fairy), MC Tower Shield(May Cast Tower Shield, which my pet casts more than Fairy)....
It's not the best pet, but it's alright.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
Shayden181 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
I could hatch with you if you want, my pet isn't the best, but I think it's good for a pet. It has Spell Proof(+9% resist to all schools), Pain Giver(+6% damage to all schools), MC Fairy(May Cast Fairy), MC Tower Shield(May Cast Tower Shield, which my pet casts more than Fairy)....
I can hatch anytime this week but tomorrow August 17th at 4pm eastern and Sunday August 18th. And most of next week

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
Blaze Dragonrider1... on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
My pet is pretty bad. 4% damage, tower shield and power pip at like 5 or 6%. I'm in the drake hatchery in DS and i wanted to know where is the best place to farm gold to hatch? I already have 20k but i've hatched up to 60k and got nothing. But my friend who i'm hatching knows that we are infact hatching when we can. If anyone wants to hatch with me which i doubt feel free to say something.
If it's gold your looking for, i recommend aquilia ( the level 30 dungeon in cyclops lane ) you can sell you useless items at the bazaar for some great prices

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Shayden181 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
This sounds like an awesome pet! Way better than mine, at least.