Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mail System

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
Hi Wizards!
I've played a lot of MMOs and such and I've across some stressing issues in Wizard101 that do not allow me to fully communicate with friends if they're offline.

Basically, I was thinking we could add a mail system where players can write each other letters (Still blocking the inappropriate language, and random letters like "p". Basically how the chat system works like!) For example, I have to wait for countless hours sometimes for my in-game buddy to get on because I have to tell them something. But with a mail system, players can send each other paid letters to their friends.

For example, let's say my friend if offline and I need to tell her that once I get online I need help questing and I will be back at 6PM. Then, my friend knows that at 6PM she will need to be online.

As usual, sending items from your backpack is not going to be a feature like in the normal game, you can't trade items. This is just a rough draft of the idea so, leave questions below!

I think this would make a great add to the game to have a simple mail system to like send reminders to offline players so when they come online they can see that.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Amanda28752 on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
Hi Wizards!
I've played a lot of MMOs and such and I've across some stressing issues in Wizard101 that do not allow me to fully communicate with friends if they're offline.

Basically, I was thinking we could add a mail system where players can write each other letters (Still blocking the inappropriate language, and random letters like "p". Basically how the chat system works like!) For example, I have to wait for countless hours sometimes for my in-game buddy to get on because I have to tell them something. But with a mail system, players can send each other paid letters to their friends.

For example, let's say my friend if offline and I need to tell her that once I get online I need help questing and I will be back at 6PM. Then, my friend knows that at 6PM she will need to be online.

As usual, sending items from your backpack is not going to be a feature like in the normal game, you can't trade items. This is just a rough draft of the idea so, leave questions below!

I think this would make a great add to the game to have a simple mail system to like send reminders to offline players so when they come online they can see that.
Paid messages? No thanks.
And with the messaging system we have, I don't see the reason for this anyway.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't see why "paid" even came into the idea. An offline messaging system would be nice though I agree.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
RavenLady777 on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Paid messages? No thanks.
And with the messaging system we have, I don't see the reason for this anyway.
I mean like, paid MAIL messages. Not the chat messages.
And I meant not whispering or whatever. You could send mail to an offline friend so when they log on there's this mail symbol and they could view the mail that their friend sent. Lol.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
I LOVE the idea of being able to send messages to offline friends. But having to pay for it could be kind of annoying.

Explorer
Jul 03, 2010
Paying shouldn't be included with sending mail, that's ridiculous! But mailing people offline is actually a great idea. But I don't really see the point because most everyone has text chat. If there turns out to be a mail update, mail should be costing a little amount of gold, like for one letter (or 2000 characters) would cost 50 gold or if you wish, 5 crowns, or something like that amount. But I still don't really the point.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
An in-game mail system would be beneficial for Wizards101 for several reasons.

It could be limited to a player's friends list ONLY, and would promote group play. If a player wishes to receive messages from strangers, then I'm sure KI could place an option to do so.

In other MMOs, the fee for mailing messages helped deter receiving junk messages from "bot" players.

KI implements several great options in your settings to block/ignore beggar-type text messages from those players who are looking to take advantage of a stranger's kindness. Should a wizard receive a similar type message in their mailbox, they could have the same ability to block/ignore future mail from that sender.

Some people are shy and can express their requests much easier over time in a prepared message than under pressure of a whisper text, or open chat and risk ridicule.

I'm primarily a solo player and I feel it would be great to send a mail message off to another player, extending the hand of friendship as an alternative to a third-party website.

Gabriel

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Not a bad idea but also not needed and why should we have to pay for a simple feature such as a mailing system....take the paid part out of the idea and I'm on board LOL this wouldn't really effect me anyways seeing as I only friend people short term to help them with quest.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Its a good idea but I think there should be a way to delete junk mail that isn't one at a time (just like how you throw away all your junk mail at once instead of looking at each page and then trashing it).
Tara

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
So I've been wanting this for a very long time. I want to be able to send message to my friends when they're offline. I've needed to tell people things like when should we meet up later or things like that, or if I have to leave early and my friend is expecting me to get on. So that the mailbox doesn't get filled with spam from an obnoxious friend, or you just get too many messages, the messages should have a life span of about 3 days and there can't be more than 25 messages. Also you should also be able to select messages and delete them or reply to them. Also you should be able to ignore people and delete all you're messages. There should also be a symbol that shows if you have read it. Since people have different chat options, people with menu chat can't really use this, but people with text chat or open chat should be able to mail each other only by using what the person getting the mail's kind of chat. Like if an open chat person mailed a text chat person, the open chat person can only type in text chat. But if a text chat person is mailing an open chat person, they can only use text chat. The menu would be under the friend symbol or in the spell book. Tell me what you think!

Explorer
Aug 09, 2013
Sounds good. I also think we should be able to send gifts in a letter. This would include hats, robes, boots, wands, athames, Treasure Cards, Pets, Furniture, and jewelry.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
Too many times most of us want to check and see if that certain someone is on before we remove our invisibility status. Currently this is not possible. As soon as we click on the friend list, invisibility is dropped.

We should be able to view our friend list while remaining invisible to ensure peaceful playtime from that person who will bug incessantly for help or repeatedly port.

P.S. It would also be great to leave in-game mail for someone who you missed. As real life info is not supposed to be exchanged, an in-game system would allow for rendezvous of characters for dungeon scheduling and more. or just to say " Hi I was on but you wasn't when can we play together again?"

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
LADY0ISADOG on May 7, 2015 wrote:
Too many times most of us want to check and see if that certain someone is on before we remove our invisibility status. Currently this is not possible. As soon as we click on the friend list, invisibility is dropped.

We should be able to view our friend list while remaining invisible to ensure peaceful playtime from that person who will bug incessantly for help or repeatedly port.

P.S. It would also be great to leave in-game mail for someone who you missed. As real life info is not supposed to be exchanged, an in-game system would allow for rendezvous of characters for dungeon scheduling and more. or just to say " Hi I was on but you wasn't when can we play together again?"
I agree with your first suggestion. Being able to check who's on line BEFORE disabling hidden to friends would be extremely helpful. It seems like every time I turn off the hidden function - boom - there's the one guy who thinks I have nothing better to do than help him get XP or run through the Spiral Cup for the umpteenth time. I don't mind helping out but give me a break.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I'm laughung because we have all been there. Simple answer is to tell them the truth that you're busy and you'd like to do something else. When that fails, ignore works wonders.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
Sometimes, I'd like to talk to some of my good friends, but alas, they aren't online. I've been acquainted with many people in my years of playing this game, and the main problem I have with this setup is that I can't talk to them any time needed. Of course it would be influenced by the open (or text) chat guidelines. I'm a VERY socially awkward person. I don't socialize normally; it takes me time to think of what to say (I have a significant fear of losing friendships, I try to be vigilant with my words.) I've been thinking, that maybe if we could send messages to our offline wizard buddies IN GAME, it would make many of us much more content with the social component of the game. I mean, wouldn't it be great if we could communicate with our old friends without struggling to find a mutual time range to hang out? Thank you for reading this, I hope you take this into consideration. Good day! xx

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
This is a Brilliant idea imagine having a mailbox at your castle/ outside the dorms!

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
for example we can have a mail box at hour house ( i have gotten a few in drops) they are just lame housing decorations so why not put them to use and create a way we can actually leave a message for friends that are not online that we really want to talk to or have not seen on in a while i think it would be awesome, my idea is, place a mailbox at your house/dorm whichever then when a friend wants to message you and your offline it goes into your mailbox as a letter and when you log on you receive a letter icon near where the gift icon goes

Explorer
May 06, 2013
I love that idea. There are many times when I'm stuck and need help on: where to get, how to do or any information like that to help one another through guests or better their wizards. Plus many players like to quest together and need to leave message to make arrangements to meet.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
This would be cool/a fun addition. I would like to be able to change my name and character more so, but this is good too.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
You know what, that's not a bad idea. It's actually very fitting for this game, it would kind of like be like a harry potter thing were mail just flew into your house. They can make it like a small reward system like they do with the creatures in the bundle houses that give you things. They can also make it like a cheerie message from ambrose or one of your teachers saying how much of a good job your doing or they might need help with something real quick.

Either way I love this idea :)

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
This could be a possibility. Could be similar to ToonTown's mailbox, but you can type letters. Of course, there are problems. Such as bypassing the word filter in messages. But other than that, cool!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The biggest problem with this idea is storage. I actually like the fact that I login into the game and DON'T have 105 unread messages like other games. I really don't want the game to be an alternative email spam system. If it was a system where you can leave one message at a time for only one person at a time, then I could see it. If they haven't read it, you can choose to delete it to leave another for someone else. Or possibly allow a message of the day. You could leave a message on your account that any friend could read from the friends menu. I really don't want another mailbox to wade through endless messages.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
i wasn't meaning a message system where people can spam your mail box at random, the only way they could send you mail is through friends list or your home & it could be limited to each person only got to send 1 email to that person a day, if its unread then they can wait to send another or they can delete it & send a new one to that same person, BUT copy & paste would not work also we (mailbox owners) have the option of filtering our mail as we see fit by who our friends are, how close of friends we are, & also what type of mails we wish to allow

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
1teddybearz on Nov 4, 2016 wrote:
i wasn't meaning a message system where people can spam your mail box at random, the only way they could send you mail is through friends list or your home & it could be limited to each person only got to send 1 email to that person a day, if its unread then they can wait to send another or they can delete it & send a new one to that same person, BUT copy & paste would not work also we (mailbox owners) have the option of filtering our mail as we see fit by who our friends are, how close of friends we are, & also what type of mails we wish to allow
Every player has up to 6 wizards. Every wizard can have up to 100 friends. Even 1 msg per friend per day would require allocating a lot of database slots.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1teddybearz on Sep 14, 2016 wrote:
for example we can have a mail box at hour house ( i have gotten a few in drops) they are just lame housing decorations so why not put them to use and create a way we can actually leave a message for friends that are not online that we really want to talk to or have not seen on in a while i think it would be awesome, my idea is, place a mailbox at your house/dorm whichever then when a friend wants to message you and your offline it goes into your mailbox as a letter and when you log on you receive a letter icon near where the gift icon goes
I was thinking the same thing. That would sure make an improvement for the game by organizing a team with your buddies to do a hard dungeon like Darkmoor, Tartarus, The Elephant Tower, Atlantea, etc... or one shot dungeons.