Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Energy Wisps

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2013
This sounds like a crazy idea, but what if you were able to get wisps, like so for health and mana, but for energy as well? Make it little green wisps that float around in random places around the spiral. They can be rare or common in wherever you decide for them to be. Maybe make it a challenge to get to them in some way? It's just an idea, but I though it would be unique and awesome if there were energy wisps as well in the game.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ryan DeathBrand on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
This sounds like a crazy idea, but what if you were able to get wisps, like so for health and mana, but for energy as well? Make it little green wisps that float around in random places around the spiral. They can be rare or common in wherever you decide for them to be. Maybe make it a challenge to get to them in some way? It's just an idea, but I though it would be unique and awesome if there were energy wisps as well in the game.
It's been suggested. Nothing has been done, so I'm not sure if it's something KI would consider or not. Perhaps with the addition of fishing to the mix, it might be done at some point.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2013
I was thinking the same because of fishing and training pets and all.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Wisps would be great, and we have asked for before. Even if we limited wisps to areas where we would use energy, that would be good. The problem is, I can see them going REALLY fast and people complaining that they didnt get any. I think a better, more global response to the energy-sapping of the 3 skills, is to have energy regenerate faster. Instead of 10 mins for F2P and 7.5 mins for P2P, how about 7.5 mins for F2P and 5 mins for P2P? This way everybody gets a bump, and KI never has to worry about hearing the "I can never get the wisps, give us more!" type of thing. Of course, I ALSO feel that when we level up in a skill that uses energy, we should get a free refill of our energy. This would help, be a minimal bonus, and not take away from their bottom line much at all

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I think KI is reluctant to do this because they like selling elixers. Crown sales do a lot to help pay their bills, after all.

I do wish there was more gear available that increased energy or perhaps improved its management. As you level up in various energy using skills I's like to see quests get unlocked that helped with energy somehow, perhaps giving gear that increases the energy limit or perhaps reduces energy cost for some group of skills. Or even maybe increases the energy regeneration rate. These could be useful enough to give players a sense of accomplishment hunting them down, but not something that gives energy instant free regeneration like wisps would.

Some off the wall examples:

Boots of Gardening: protects the feet form the various noisome substances one tends to find mixed in with garden soil, and increases total energy +8 or so. Recieved form a quest unlocked by reaching gardening level 12 or something.

Fisherman's Hat: gaudy hat decorated with various hooks and fishing lures. Increases total energy by maybe +6. Recieved from a quest unlockaed by reaching fishing level 5 or so.

Trainer's Protective Robe: durable robe with padded sleeves suitable for training ornery pets. Gives maybe +8 to total energy. Recieved from a quest unlocked by completing 250 pet training games.

Staff of Verdance: wand that looks like a gnarled wood staff with various flowers and fruits sprouting from it. Reduces gardening spell cost by 33%. Received from a quest unlocked by reaching gardening level 20.

Rod of the Master Angler: wand that looks like a high end fishing rod, reduces cost of fishing spells by 33%. Received from a quest unlocked by, uhm, something very difficult to reach in fishing. Fishing is a bit new to make an exact suggestion.

Hoop of the Master Trainer: wand that looks like a hoop suitable for trained animals to jump through. Reduces energy cost of pet games by 25%. Received from a quest unlocked by completing 1000 pet training games.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Honestly the only suggestion here I agree with is levelling up. If you level up in gardening or fishing, it should refill your energy just like levelling up your character refills mana and health. Lowering the time to refill slightly I see no issue with. As for energy wisps, that will never happen purely from a money standpoint. KI sells energy refill potions, they are not going to give away endless free refills like health and mana already have.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2013