Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Known Bug with Fishing and Switching Realms

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello, Young Wizards!

We need to inform you that there is a known issue with fishing that you should be aware of. If you catch all of the fish on a map and then switch realms or quickly leave and come back, the fish will become uncatchable.

To avoid this bug, leave one fish on the map before switching realms or leaving and returning to a map.

We’ll fix this as soon as we can, and thank you for your patience.

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
this explains all the trouble I had yesterday. 2 wizards blew through a full boat of energy with the luck potions and over 75% just got away. I was fishing the areas dry then realm hopping.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Ah Ha, explains how I went through 3 energy elixirs my self and had 23 "get away" in a row. I knew I was doing it right!!!

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
I think it's more frequent than that. I've had the problem after switching realms even when there were fish left. I did a little experimenting, and yep -- just switching realms triggered the 'unable to catch anything' bug.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Wow wished i seen this post earlier, wasted a luck potion and energy pot just to have more than 3/4 of my catches flee =/ thought it was super bad luck. Please reimburse us with at least a free energy elixir? That would be super!

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
thanks for the update. hopefully this will get fixed ASAP.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I do not understand how you can fish a place dry and not get the fish you came there to get, this is like saying, it doesn't exist here. Give me a break here if you go to Cyclops lane for a fish"Fish Sand witch" and fish it dry and come up empty, then it is like saying the fish was never there or may never be here. Like being sent out for a sky Hook...DUH

Survivor
Dec 05, 2011
Is this the reason why I have now spent 3 days trying to catch the Bear a cuda in GH and cant?