Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount Olympus Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Hello, I am currently level 51, questing throughout Wintertusk and was wondering if I need a gear change. I have been using Zeus' gear since 30 and am wondering where I can get some good, new, critical boost gear. Thanks for the help!

Jack Crow, Grandmaster Wizard

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
If you are level 51 in Wintertusk you can pick up some pretty good drop wands, and at 56 you can craft the gear from Carax Strongthread in Sudrilund. Ingulf in Vestrilund has ring and athame recipes or you can settle for Bazaar stuff to level 60.

At 60 most players farm Waterworks and Tower of the Helephant.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
XRaisingSplashX on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Hello, I am currently level 51, questing throughout Wintertusk and was wondering if I need a gear change. I have been using Zeus' gear since 30 and am wondering where I can get some good, new, critical boost gear. Thanks for the help!

Um my wizard is level 50 and she too has all the Olympus gear. I suggest keeping it for at least five more levels because level 50 gear really sucks.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Well at level 51 your critical isnt going to be good. All my characters used a level 45 hat and boots, with the level 50 wintertusk robe until they could wear wintertusk or celestia crafted gear. I suggest the same, then at level 60 farming waterworks for that gear.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

I had the Senator's gear that I crafted up to the next level and did fine until I could slap on the lvl 56 Wintertusk Crafted gear which takes me pretty much though rest of my game play. I actually had a fun time running Olympus with my high level wizard, it's the only type of "farming" I will do and I was actually taking a break from the game in general. The high level wizard crafted the gear for the up and coming lvl 30 wizard I had.

It felt very odd not visiting the Bazaar every 5-10 levels for hat, robe or boots though. I am able to do a lot more random pet hatching because of gold over load. I don't worry to much about critical and block in CL but it is needed in ZA more.

Mary FrogGem

Champion
Jul 13, 2013

Level 50 gear sucks, so you should wait a few levels before a gear change.