Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to improve: Loremaster

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
I made a thread on this not too long ago but I felt that that thread was poorly made.

Now, before I talk about the Loremaster, let me talk to you about my account. I have a level 29 Death who I would like to be level 30 when I start PvP. I am not sure how much XP I have gained from farming, however I'll just say 10K XP. That's a lot for a low level. Infact, I was hoping to learn Deer Knight by level 28 but I leveled up. Now my worry is that I will be beyond level 33+ by the time I get the card.

For those who have been farming the Loremaster, I assume you can relate to the following statement: I have farmed Loremaster for days without a card drop.

Let me throw some math at you. The Loremaster can teach you 14 possible spells. It is around a 1 in 20 chance you will learn a spell (just guessed that statistic). That is a 1 in 280 chance you will learn the spell you want. Hmm. 280 kills for a chance at your card? I don't like those odds.

I suggest one of the following;
- pick the card you want each time you enter the dungeon.
- learn your schools spells first.
- make any levels able to craft the spells, not only legendary crafters.
- increase chance of learning a spell each fight.

Hope you guys support this.

Tanner

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Those odds aren't even remotely close to reality. If you want a spell without getting XP, start earlier or buy card packs. My odds in Loremaster were about 1 in 200 battles for a spell drop. As for your suggestions, I disagree with all of them. They were nice to provide multiple ways for people to get the spells both with and without crowns. Making everything in the game pathetically simple to accquire makes everything common. Rare items and spells are supposed to be rare.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
seethe42 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Those odds aren't even remotely close to reality. If you want a spell without getting XP, start earlier or buy card packs. My odds in Loremaster were about 1 in 200 battles for a spell drop. As for your suggestions, I disagree with all of them. They were nice to provide multiple ways for people to get the spells both with and without crowns. Making everything in the game pathetically simple to accquire makes everything common. Rare items and spells are supposed to be rare.
I said I just made up that statistic. I know it was a lot lower.

Well, here is even more math! I like math btw :P

14 spells x 1/200 = 1 in 2800
2800 kills; each kill is 3-10 minutes, averaging to 6.5 minutes a kill = 18200 minutes = 303 hours = 12.5 days

Hmm.

Also, packs are legitimately impossible. On the test realm I just spent 30K crowns and didn't get Deer Knight.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Fiery Autumn on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
I made a thread on this not too long ago but I felt that that thread was poorly made.

Now, before I talk about the Loremaster, let me talk to you about my account. I have a level 29 Death who I would like to be level 30 when I start PvP. I am not sure how much XP I have gained from farming, however I'll just say 10K XP. That's a lot for a low level. Infact, I was hoping to learn Deer Knight by level 28 but I leveled up. Now my worry is that I will be beyond level 33+ by the time I get the card.

For those who have been farming the Loremaster, I assume you can relate to the following statement: I have farmed Loremaster for days without a card drop.

Let me throw some math at you. The Loremaster can teach you 14 possible spells. It is around a 1 in 20 chance you will learn a spell (just guessed that statistic). That is a 1 in 280 chance you will learn the spell you want. Hmm. 280 kills for a chance at your card? I don't like those odds.

I suggest one of the following;
- pick the card you want each time you enter the dungeon.
- learn your schools spells first.
- make any levels able to craft the spells, not only legendary crafters.
- increase chance of learning a spell each fight.

Hope you guys support this.

Tanner
The only thing I agree with is that you should get to choose your spell. Don't up the odds, just have a thing where you pick the spell you want, and that way if you do get a spell, all that farming wasn't for nothing.
Let all levels craft spells? Um, no. Then there would be no point in leveling up in the crafting world. It's like saying you think you should get Harvest Lord even though you are level 29. That's kind of strange.
People who are a high rank in crafting earned it and their hard work really pays off. If you want the spells so badly, get your wizard to the appropriate level or get gear that gives you what you want.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
All 8 of my first tier players are Legendary Crafters; they became Legendary Crafters because as a working adult, I do not have time to farm Loremaster for hours on end. I think that the dropped spells should be rare, but I agree that one should not have to be in or past ZF to be able to craft spells. It does seem unfair that people cannot craft spells until they are fairly high level. I'd suggest everything stay the same with the crafted spells except that people be allowed to do the crafts in worlds which they have not yet entered (as is the case at least through DS and I think up to ZF).

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I think at the very least, we should be able to craft the spells when we are a DS level crafter. Making ZF a requirement for the crafting is a bit much -- since the spells are not ZF level in power. By the time you can craft the spells, they are not really that useful anymore.

I personally would like to see an increase in the drop rate as well, but, barring that, we should at least be able to craft the spells at the same crafting level as the world in which the dungeon is located.