Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death or Fire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
I've recently gotten membership and am torn between choosing fire or death as a primary school, I love death for it's draining but fire is also quite powerful. Would a death/fire combo be any good?

Thanks.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Death is the most sustainable school in the game. More than any other class, death does NOT need a secondary school out of the main 7. DON'T get any life spells that are not quest rewards, save your training points for the sun damage boosting spells, and make sure to use ONLY life sap spells (whenever possible). With death and the sun school enhancements, they boost 2/3 to the damage and 1/3 to the healing. Life sap spells do NOT boost fully, so be prepared for it

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
If you plan to play casually and just see how you like Wizard101, start a fire character. You'll go farther, faster. While fun, death is more of a time commitment.

However, if you plan on playing very seriously and taking this game to the limit, start two different accounts (not just two different wizards on the same account), and create a fire on one and a death on the other. Then you can be both at the same time.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jocose on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
I've recently gotten membership and am torn between choosing fire or death as a primary school, I love death for it's draining but fire is also quite powerful. Would a death/fire combo be any good?

Thanks.
Death with Fire as a secondary works really well - at least it did on the Death wizard who soloed the entire first arc including Malestaire. :)

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
well i am a wizard and let me just tell u that is more useful than and more cool so if i was u i would choose over but that is my view of it and its totally up to u

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Yes, I have both characters. Death is great for soloing and healing while fire is great for those high damage spells ESPECIALLY for AOE damage. However, it has been suggested that balance spells especially humongfrog does a better job for AOE. Check out both. However, I don't think you can go wrong with either class.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Don't try for a Death/Fire combo. Having a second school isn't worthwhile. It drains your training credits and it's expensive later on to redeem your training points back (with crowns).

Personally, I would go with Death. There are so many Fire wizards out there already, so why not try something not so popular?

I do have a Fire that is pretty good, but my Death is awesome. With the draining spells and his outrageously good stats, he's a powerful machine in the Spiral.

But, then again, you choose whichever you wish!

Good luck!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
For one thing, never, ever combine schools. I would only bother training Death to Feint, Life to Satyr, and ice to Tower Shield. I am an exalted Necromancer, and I really love Death; drains can heal me up and kill the minion for soloing. You also get Dark Pact and Feint, as well as Plague and Virulent Plague, for support.