Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

High levels critical on low Levels in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
i have a lvl 31 overlord who has 2000+ rank, lately i've been losing allot due to the lvl of my opponents. i am fighting grandmaster overlords whoes ranks range between 1300-1700. this to me is out ridiculous because grandmasters with glen gear have more damage, resist and have the chance of critical and me being lvl 31 has no block, and even when i use conviction they critical through. but those are the grandmaster overlords, now is the lvl 70-80 privates that i fight. for example, if i was to fight a storm they have 200+ critical and 70+ damage.
i honestly have no problem with critical, but it gets really upsetting when you are kill first round by a storm and wildbolt, or even when they don't kill first round they critical every spell. a lvl 31 high rank or low rank should never have to fight lvl 80 with critical so high!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
level up and get better block gear, it really is that simple

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
seethe42 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
level up and get better block gear, it really is that simple
If he leveled to 50 or 60, he would get max level opponents. If he leveled to max, it would take a lot longer to get matches, and many of those matches would be against balances or bad juju spammers. It's not that simple, and why should he have to level up just to get a fair match?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Point one: There is no such thing as an overlord. It's a made-up title

Two, if you need better stats, you'll have to level up.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Aaron SpellThief on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
If he leveled to 50 or 60, he would get max level opponents. If he leveled to max, it would take a lot longer to get matches, and many of those matches would be against balances or bad juju spammers. It's not that simple, and why should he have to level up just to get a fair match?
It is a fair match. He's a warlord, not a private. He should be fighting higher level players.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
seethe42 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
It is a fair match. He's a warlord, not a private. He should be fighting higher level players.
Yes-he should be fight higher level players. However, when the other players are too higher of a level, the matche3s get unfair. Let me give you an example of an unfair match I got on my myth when he was at about 1600 rank. I battled an ice level 51 (?) who had over 70 damage, 45 resist, 2,000 health, etc. Basically, he had higher stats in everything, and could have probably been at 2,000 rank. Skill only goes so far. Level difference and thus stat differences often make it impossible or near impossible for the lower level player to win.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
I completely agree. It is ridiculous some of the matches my Grand Myth gets. He was at 1908 in rank, and now he is at 1828 because of matches I fought against high levels, who got lucky on a critical and killed me. Without the critical, I would have one those matches. And I don't mind fighting people like that who are privates and have no clue what they're doing, but I'm fighting captains and commanders! This is ridiculous, it gets to a point where it is plain unfair for me and all other warlords who are this high in rank.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I see where the OP is coming from;

I'm a magus (level 34) captain, and most of my opponents are grandmaster sergeant/veterans, so I can definitely relate to Death by Lucky Crit.

That said, this is a wizard whose setup I tailored specifically for pvp, so a level 56 opponent across the ring doesn't automatically mean throwing the match because I have no way to win. My deck may have less space, but I always make sure I'm prepared for every possible scenario... including ice immunity, pet heals, and jade turtles 20 levels higher.

-von
captain

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Dr Von on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
I see where the OP is coming from;

I'm a magus (level 34) captain, and most of my opponents are grandmaster sergeant/veterans, so I can definitely relate to Death by Lucky Crit.

That said, this is a wizard whose setup I tailored specifically for pvp, so a level 56 opponent across the ring doesn't automatically mean throwing the match because I have no way to win. My deck may have less space, but I always make sure I'm prepared for every possible scenario... including ice immunity, pet heals, and jade turtles 20 levels higher.

-von
captain
Dr. Von, I have to wonder, do you really get those matches? I have made many magus warlords, and I normally do not get similar matches to the ones you say you have had until at least rank 1,000. I don't think I've ever seen immunity in general below level 76. Jade turtles become prevalent at much higher levels. That said, I do find that critical can be very unfair. At magus, grandmaster, or legendary PvP, it is not possible to get much block. Against higher levels, even with conviction, I often do not block. A solution to this could be allowing purchase of a wand that, available at any level or most levels, gives a large amount of block for some large amount of arena tickets (i.e. 5,000-10,000). To make it balanced, this wand would probably not have very good stats besides block, to make warlords sacrifice something when they use it (Such as damage from the sky iron hasta).