Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cheaters in PvP

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 08, 2014
You know how you must be lvl 10 to get in the arena then why have I found lvl sevens and fives that have storm lord, leviathan and spells way beyond what their lvl is. so if KI could fix this and monitor their pvp arenas that would be great because I'm tired of fighting single digit people who have spells stronger than mine and I'm lvl 55.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Ricochety on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
You know how you must be lvl 10 to get in the arena then why have I found lvl sevens and fives that have storm lord, leviathan and spells way beyond what their lvl is. so if KI could fix this and monitor their pvp arenas that would be great because I'm tired of fighting single digit people who have spells stronger than mine and I'm lvl 55.
You have to be level ten to get into tournaments, not the arena in general. Low levels have just as much right as you do to PvP. Storm lord, leviathan, and other spells that are high rank can be purchased as treasure cards. Just ask yourself this question: Would a level ten even have a chance at beating me with only rank three spells? The answer would be, in near all cases, no. Without treasure cards, low levels simply cannot output enough damage to defeat a much higher level opponent, making treasure cards fair (Especially since anyone can access them).

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
They actually can use those. Those are TC and they are allowed within the games parameters. There are problems for them by just relying on TC. They have to shell out a ton of gold to maintain that strategy and they'll run out of cards faster than you. Also keep in mind that they have to discard to draw TC so they're weakening themselves that way. Plus the TC are one-use and your spells? Unless you're using TC as well, guessing that you aren't, you are going to last longer than they are because your spells won't disappear entirely after you use them. Find ways around the TC and you can win. What are those ways you might ask? Eh that I don't know. I leave it up to you. Be creative in that that's all I can say or fight fire with fire and use TC as well.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
You can PvP at any level, you need to be level 10 to do tournaments. Those high level spells are from TCs, I'm surprised you don't know that. If you're really fighing that low of levels at Grandmaster (which I suspect you are not) it should be absolutely no problem to kill them, they probably don't even have a thousand health. TCs are not cheating, regardless of your choice to use them or not.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
Hate to burst your bubble buddy but you only have to be level 5 to go in the arena and they aren't cheating, they are using Treasure Cards which are available to anyone. Hope this helped you get a better understanding for pvp.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
this isn't cheating, sorry.

my fire wizard is level 34; she is a veteran, and fights grandmasters (level 50+) almost exclusively. she also uses efreet, tower shield, infallible, the list goes on, in order to stand a fighting chance against opponents with critical chance and double her health.

if you can't beat 'em, join 'em... and then beat them at their own game.

you have the exact-same tools available to you as everyone else does. your unwillingness to use them is hardly anyone else's fault.

in pvp, it's adapt or perish; i adapted.
which of these you choose is up to you.

-von
magus veteran

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
the reason why they are able to use higher level spells. is because KI put Treasure cards in the game. witch in my opinion ruin's each schools original mechanics. it breaks the barrier between schools. personally I don't see why KI does not just remove TC. and just make all schools able to learn every spell in the game. for a completely random new school all together. I mean with TC in the game its pretty much already like this. and to be perfectly honest I have gotten so sick of W101s wonky pvp mechanics

this is how I see treasure cards so lets say I'm a nascar driver
and have been for years but now I want to play a doctor because my budy
a couple cars back crashed well I can just use a treasure card and become a temporary doctor
even though my main profession is driving nascar it doesn't make any since and well this is how I see the use of TC in pvp and well now the actual doctor is now out of a job because hey every one can do so whats the point in specializing in one field when you can do them all that is how treasure cards ruin pvp

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
There is nothing at all cheating about this use of higher level spells. Higher level spells can come from TC, from pets, and from equipment. Everyone has the ability to get them and use in the arena and also in PVE.

Shifting from PVE to PVP can be a shock -- there is a lot more variety and creativity in spell use. You have to learn to prepare for just about anything.

Where cheating does show up, however, is when players have friends in the stands who inform on you spell choices so that their friends fighting you can counter your spells.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
AngelicWolf1337 on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
the reason why they are able to use higher level spells. is because KI put Treasure cards in the game. witch in my opinion ruin's each schools original mechanics. it breaks the barrier between schools. personally I don't see why KI does not just remove TC. and just make all schools able to learn every spell in the game. for a completely random new school all together. I mean with TC in the game its pretty much already like this. and to be perfectly honest I have gotten so sick of W101s wonky pvp mechanics

this is how I see treasure cards so lets say I'm a nascar driver
and have been for years but now I want to play a doctor because my budy
a couple cars back crashed well I can just use a treasure card and become a temporary doctor
even though my main profession is driving nascar it doesn't make any since and well this is how I see the use of TC in pvp and well now the actual doctor is now out of a job because hey every one can do so whats the point in specializing in one field when you can do them all that is how treasure cards ruin pvp
It's a horrible analogy. It's a one use spell embedded in a card, not a license to practice medicine for the day. Also, TC do nothing to take away from native casters. They do less damage than enchanted spells and non-school casters still can't use power pips without an amulet (which makes them weaker since you can only wear one amulet). Nothing about this rant makes any sense. You are basically claiming that since every school has Pixie, all the Life School are jobless. Anyone who has actually played the game will tell you, native casters are ALWAYS best at their own school rather than Treasure Cards. TC just augment your arsenal.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
seethe42 on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
It's a horrible analogy. It's a one use spell embedded in a card, not a license to practice medicine for the day. Also, TC do nothing to take away from native casters. They do less damage than enchanted spells and non-school casters still can't use power pips without an amulet (which makes them weaker since you can only wear one amulet). Nothing about this rant makes any sense. You are basically claiming that since every school has Pixie, all the Life School are jobless. Anyone who has actually played the game will tell you, native casters are ALWAYS best at their own school rather than Treasure Cards. TC just augment your arsenal.
TC do much more then just augment your own spells they allow you to dip in to another schools profession when your own schools arn't enough they take away from what makes each school unique and allow the other schools to use said spells the only spells that should be universal are shield spells reshuffle and augmentation spells such as gargantuan and sniper the rest should be school specific so in other words if you cant learn it from a quest or teacher you have no business using said spell

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
AngelicWolf1337 on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
TC do much more then just augment your own spells they allow you to dip in to another schools profession when your own schools arn't enough they take away from what makes each school unique and allow the other schools to use said spells the only spells that should be universal are shield spells reshuffle and augmentation spells such as gargantuan and sniper the rest should be school specific so in other words if you cant learn it from a quest or teacher you have no business using said spell
You fail to make any point. They are one use spells. No different than potions or scrolls used in pretty much every game in this genre. They are freely open to everyone equally. They take absolutely nothing away from what makes schools unique. Don't believe me, go cast a rank 7 off school attack card. It will do minimal damage because it's NOT your school. You have no boosts for it and no power pips. Anyone using off school TC attacks is losing.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
AngelicWolf1337 on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
Uh I'd like to call bull on this. If we were forced to just use what we were learned then PVP would be exceptionally boring. You'd know what to expect the instant you saw a wizard's school. TC help and provide an element of unpredictability. And also by your logic, using the TC take away everything unique about a school. Absolutely everything.. If I'm interpreting that wrong feel free to call me out but if I'm not.. That is flawed logic.

The spells themselves do not make the school unique, stats and school specific equipment have a role there too. Yeah Death has the only drains but really... That's one of the only unique things I see. Multiple schools have DoT spells. Multiple schools have healing spells. Some have better power yes but they're balanced.

TC allow for an element of creativity and let's not forget: using TC does NOT guarantee a win. For lower levels using them it evens the playing field. For higher levels... Ok admittedly a bit annoying but it also gives them greater freedom.

I'd like to quote something else I saw on this message board earlier that could be compared to what you're saying. Someone, not mentioning the name because I actually forgot it, compared it to a Nascar driver getting into an accident and another driver quickly being a doctor for that time period and putting other doctors out of a job. Do you see the flaw in the logic there? Like being a doctor for a day doesn't put real doctors out of business, using TC does not make you instantly able to do other school's jobs. Augmenting a deck is one of the things TC does but it also detracts from what you can do as well because you need to discard to use one. And you don't get it back unless it fizzles.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
First of all level 10 requirement is actually for the Tournament aspect of PvP. Second of all, initiate PvP is awesome!!!!!

and a little shout out to seethe42, my level 12 hasn't used a TC in his life (no pun intended) Heck Hound (with no mastery) has gotten me into the 1400 rank and continues to help me beat ridiculously leveled opponents, typically in their 50's but sometimes even higher.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2014
Saw level 2's in ranked yesterday. Someone told me they just made a bunch of accounts and flee on the other characters to rank up. Every day I have less and less respect for pvp. I do not think the title means anything at all. I wish KI would do titles by level. I see countless level 5 warlords. I am not impressed at all.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Aaron Mistflame on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
First of all level 10 requirement is actually for the Tournament aspect of PvP. Second of all, initiate PvP is awesome!!!!!

and a little shout out to seethe42, my level 12 hasn't used a TC in his life (no pun intended) Heck Hound (with no mastery) has gotten me into the 1400 rank and continues to help me beat ridiculously leveled opponents, typically in their 50's but sometimes even higher.
i'm a magus and my opponents are grandmasters... what's a girl to do?

answer: tc efreets, shatter, and infallible have helped me win some of the ridiculous matches i've been placed in. earlier today, i fought an ice grandmaster who did nothing but spam shields, followed by ice armour. it was a long and annoying fight, but i won- from second- thanks to my trusty efreet.

now that i'm a captain, my money's on my next opponent being a level 60+ warlord.

-von
magus captain

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Kane Lightbringer on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
Saw level 2's in ranked yesterday. Someone told me they just made a bunch of accounts and flee on the other characters to rank up. Every day I have less and less respect for pvp. I do not think the title means anything at all. I wish KI would do titles by level. I see countless level 5 warlords. I am not impressed at all.
Why not? They worked just as hard, if not harder