Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Freezing during boss & arena battles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
During battles with bosses, after I've chosen a spell to cast, the game tends to freeze (not totally, because you can still see shields rotating and whatnot, but you don't see the spell being cast by you or your opponent) and sometimes when it freezes, it even skips turns. The same goes for arena battles, though freezing doesn't occur as often as it does when I battle bosses. Also, when the game freezes, the name of the characters disappear but they reappear if you hover over them with your mouse.
I'm pretty sure this isn't a connection problem, because my connection hasn't been broken when I'm not battling, and my computer specs are all pretty good.
Can anyone help?

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
wrarenth on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
During battles with bosses, after I've chosen a spell to cast, the game tends to freeze (not totally, because you can still see shields rotating and whatnot, but you don't see the spell being cast by you or your opponent) and sometimes when it freezes, it even skips turns. The same goes for arena battles, though freezing doesn't occur as often as it does when I battle bosses. Also, when the game freezes, the name of the characters disappear but they reappear if you hover over them with your mouse.
I'm pretty sure this isn't a connection problem, because my connection hasn't been broken when I'm not battling, and my computer specs are all pretty good.
Can anyone help?
The same thing happens with me, only with normal enemies. It might be the effects of a full or crowded server. Sometimes it's a game glitch. That's all I can tell you and I hope I helped a little.

Jennifer Angleheart 49

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
XD Queen is correct, as far as my testing can tell me. I have two computers that sit next to
each other, both are plugged into the same router. Both Computers have basically the
same CPU, motherboard, Ram, Operating system, etc.

When I am in a PVP match that drops out or freezes, the other PC continues to function on the
Web with no ping loss. Meaning that the Internet connection is fine. So, the problem is
at KI's end of things, where the server may not be able to handle the load.
They may hit certain limits before opening up new Servers, I'm not sure.
Whatever is the case, it is very annoying to drop out several times a day, when
the internet connection is no having any issue.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
IcicleWar on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
XD Queen is correct, as far as my testing can tell me. I have two computers that sit next to
each other, both are plugged into the same router. Both Computers have basically the
same CPU, motherboard, Ram, Operating system, etc.

When I am in a PVP match that drops out or freezes, the other PC continues to function on the
Web with no ping loss. Meaning that the Internet connection is fine. So, the problem is
at KI's end of things, where the server may not be able to handle the load.
They may hit certain limits before opening up new Servers, I'm not sure.
Whatever is the case, it is very annoying to drop out several times a day, when
the internet connection is no having any issue.
Just because your internet didn't cut out doesn't mean it's on KI's end. It very well could be your router resetting also. This isn't noticed by most things because your connection might only die for 15-30 secs then resume as normal. That is enough time to sever the link to the game causing you to need to restart the game app, but not enough to affect the browser. If you are dropping several times a day regularly, it's most likely on your end. If you run a script that pings your router every 5 secs, you can see if it's the router dropping out or not. If the ping stream is unbroken when the game cuts out, then it's not your connection. If there are any timeouts at all before the game cuts out, then it's definitely your router.