Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lack of Teamwork - a healer, tank support view

AuthorMessage
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Lately I've been playing my 100lvl in team up on Morganthe a LOT, as tank/heal/support, and I've noticed a few trends.
Hitters don't seem to understand their role in a team dynamic. Yes your role is to kill. Your role is NOT to attack whenever you feel like it. It makes battles take longer.

When you hit to heal without killing anything, you just draw attention to yourself making waste pips on healing you more instead of buffing. Let the healers heal you and keep charming, blading and trapping for the Hitter. If you ARE the hitter, even more so.

Hitting before you have enough blades and traps to kill does the same. Let them keep targeting the tanks and healers until you are able to kill. All early hits do is kill YOU faster meaning you need to flee or be healed more often, wasting my pips more.

hitters don't seem to have as much problem understanding this. Most likely because they are used to needing loads of traps/blades.

It's pretty simple, on cheating bosses/dungeons, it's almost always faster and easier to refrain from attacking unless you can KILL something. Taking out half their life does nothing but kill you and others if there's no one else to remove the other half right after.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
seethe42 on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
Lately I've been playing my 100lvl in team up on Morganthe a LOT, as tank/heal/support, and I've noticed a few trends.
Hitters don't seem to understand their role in a team dynamic. Yes your role is to kill. Your role is NOT to attack whenever you feel like it. It makes battles take longer.

When you hit to heal without killing anything, you just draw attention to yourself making waste pips on healing you more instead of buffing. Let the healers heal you and keep charming, blading and trapping for the Hitter. If you ARE the hitter, even more so.

Hitting before you have enough blades and traps to kill does the same. Let them keep targeting the tanks and healers until you are able to kill. All early hits do is kill YOU faster meaning you need to flee or be healed more often, wasting my pips more.

hitters don't seem to have as much problem understanding this. Most likely because they are used to needing loads of traps/blades.

It's pretty simple, on cheating bosses/dungeons, it's almost always faster and easier to refrain from attacking unless you can KILL something. Taking out half their life does nothing but kill you and others if there's no one else to remove the other half right after.
RIght, this is an important post for Morganthe farmers.

My tank died twice yesterday waiting for the storm/fire to hit (overblading). I had to quit the dungeon and find a new team.
I think one major problem is that people still carry too many cards in their decks. For the Morganthe fight, a hitter shouldn't still be searching for a hit card 5 or 6 rounds in. That's not justifiable, that's holding onto too much junk.

I also think it's a problem when a low pip percentage storm keeps casting spells that cost pips when it's nearing time to hit. One white pip, and that decision can cost everyone an extra round that we just don't have.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Thank you! Teamwork makes everything faster and safer. I wish more people accepted it.

Put the most resistant player in first. Put the player who can do the most damage in last. The damage dealer should use pips only to attack, and only attack with enough damage to 1hk. Everyone else should buff, and if needed heal or shield the hitter.

"Taking out half their life does nothing but kill you and others if there's no one else to remove the other half right after."

So true. Part of the problem is the new fad of spamming low pip attacks hoping to land crits. That can work in PvP, might work on easy mobs, but is suicidal on high level bosses. They block, then they all attack you.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Like Seethe42, I prefer efficient, streamlined battles with one shot kills, on teams where players readily support one another for maximum effect.

And its very easy to say there's a lack of teamwork on any team, because its very evident, on newly formed teams, where players have just met, and don't know one another strengths and weaknesses, and can be challenged to give and receive best fit support to one another.

I love it when I'm on teams with better, experienced players who've researched the battle or dungeon beforehand, and are ready to team with like-minded players. But in many cases, I end up on teams with new or inexperienced players who are still struggling to learn how to use their wizard.

And because there's so many players with a variety of gaming styles, experience and approaches to W101, I'm more flexible when I end up on these teams. Because teaming with younger players, requires a completely different approach and way of communicating then when teaming with teenagers or adults.

sure, I always bring massive damage and big hits; but I also take the opportunity to help and work with newer, and less experienced players, to make them aware of different gear and pets they can use in the battle or dungeons we're in; as well as successful attack and defense patterns, and best fit assistance I can share and like to received. The open and receptive players willingly share and accept this, while those who aren't; for better or worse - continue in their style of game play and battle/dungeon approach.

One thing I'd love that supports Seethe42, would be a modification to team selection that allows more experienced players to team together faster and easier with like-minded individuals. Or a dungeon swap feature that automatically replaces less experienced with more experienced ones. These are my fantasies, and I'm sticking to them!

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Very good point. Sometimes I almost feel like i'm being used. Since my main wizard is a life, i've always been the healer, except for when I am soloing, which is most of the time.

Angela Gem, Level 100

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
I agree with whats being said here.
I would love to find a good team for morganthe farming. I have an ice tank who was pairing up with a storm and just the 2 of us could do the fight but storm quit so sadly ice is alone. I was feinting, blading, and healing and storm would kill all in one hit. Easy peasy. Now I am leveling up my own storm on another account but is still in azteca.