Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What astral school to choose

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Am just not sure what astral school I should choose, I mean I like moon but am not sure any ideas by the way I still have 4 levels until I can choose one.

Hunter G.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sun School damage boost "fist" spells make the biggest difference in battle I would recommend training them up to Colossal. Star School auras can be very useful, especially Infallible, but will not be used in every battle like Sun is. Moon School polymorphs I find pretty much useless. There are a few situations where you might use one, but for the most part they just weaken you and give you no control over your deck and stats.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
I know the feeling i had same problem but i choosed sun, i would chose star or sun. Star cause it can bost your attack and give you can amplify your attacks as well so that can be very helpful in battle plus it does't cost any pips :p some moon spells cost pips but some dont. And sun cause it can also amplify your attacks and defend form attack only for a short time (4 rounds) which should be enough time for you attack your enemy.

><; i hope my advice was helpful..

Noah Darkwilder 51

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Well I think am going with moon or star and thanks for your opinion

Hunter G.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
con1757 on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
Well I think am going with moon or star and thanks for your opinion

Hunter G.
Alright moon is good too and glad i could help some what ^^;

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
O.K. am going with moon and star how you may ask well my pet mister midnight has a bunch of slots that use star spells then train moon spells giving me the best of both worlds

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Ok to start off Don't and i mean Don't choose moon its a waste of training points you will find you will never use these later on in the game. Go for the enchants like sun not the bow looking spells that give accracy and pierce but the fist ones that give damages the bows are a waste of trains as well.
For Star get amplify as your first one and then later on vengence when you need a good critical upgrade your amplify in zf with berserk and then upgrade berserk with your school astral in azteca unless your life then still use berserk. Also in azteca get sharpen blade and potent trap really useful for battles later on. Hope this helped.
May the fire shine bright
Austin Firecaster Exalted Pyromancer

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Star and Sun are the best. I say sun would probably be the overall best though. The problem with moon is the spells are wonderful and then you level up and you don't need them anymore. Its a waste of training points. But thats just my opinion.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
con1757 on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
O.K. am going with moon and star how you may ask well my pet mister midnight has a bunch of slots that use star spells then train moon spells giving me the best of both worlds
You have to do Sun. That is non-negotiable. Star is also great for wizards. Moon is more situational; the only ones who are going to get any use are Treant, Gobbler, and Jaguar, the first and last negated by a Life wizard and the middle being outmoded by a good tank.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2014
I am Star and Sun Astrals because with my two magic types its very useful polymorph is horrible unless you learn the tree one for healing when you are questing as a group. I am personally a life and death wizard and have mastered death since i haven't seen another school to learn death from but use sun and star they will help you in celestia considering the fact that most of the minions have over or exactly 1k health

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Wait most minions in ds have a 1k health?

Survivor
Jan 27, 2011
Robobot1747 on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
You have to do Sun. That is non-negotiable. Star is also great for wizards. Moon is more situational; the only ones who are going to get any use are Treant, Gobbler, and Jaguar, the first and last negated by a Life wizard and the middle being outmoded by a good tank.
All I really know is that a gobbler is great if an ice wizard needs health and to become the target for enemies to let teammates have a bit more time to gain pips... sorry but thats all I really know.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2013
con1757 on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Wow i never got i pet for some reason but i know how they work how did you get astral pet!?

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Everything's great in certain situations. This may be a long post, BTW.

Sun:

Strong - Colossal: Great for pretty much any situation, damage is good for anything.

Mutates: I don't know much about these, as I've never used them.

Keen Eyes - Sniper: If you're having problems with repeated fizzles, then this is the way to go.

Unstoppable and Extraordinary: These give Armor Piercing and Accuracy, it's a 2 for 1 deal.

Primordial: This goes great on Storm healers, it effectively solves the problem of healing for 100.

Potent Trap and Sharpened Blade: These are great for damage boost, for regular, everyday use, and for attempts at One in a Million.

Star:

Fortify: All defense, 4 rounds.

Amplify: Every little bit of damage helps in the end.

Infallible: The Aura version of Unstoppable and Extraordinary, combine it with Shrike and enemy resist shudders in fear.

Vengeance: When you really need a critical, you have this.

Empowerment: If you know that you're going to get hit next turn, and you're in need of pips, cast this.

Berserk: Only use this when the enemy has 0-2 pips. With this up you're basically shouting (HIT ME NOW!)

Mend: Combine this with a bunch of Blinding Lights and you have the Elixir Vitae badge. (1,000,000 heal)

To be continued, I'm going to run out of characters soon.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Continuation of the earlier post.

Galvanic Field, Furnace, Sleet Storm, Cycle of Life, Virulence, Reliquary, Chastisement, and Punishment are all good for their specific schools, it's just usually inadvisable to use them against an enemy of the opposite school.

Conviction: If you're against one of those Medusa - Critical Calendar enemies or something like that, this effectively breaks down that entire kill combo.

Moon:

Polymorph Gobbler: This is good while you turtle for pips, it's also a good healing and taunting maneuver. Against bosses like the Jabberwock, this is good for tanking as well.

Polymorph Mander: With only one attack, this polymorph is best used in a team. There is, however, a TON of blades, traps, shields, and a Black Mantle at your disposal.

Polymorph Cat Bandit: This polymorph is good for attack, just Polymorph Mander for blades and traps, Polymorph Gobbler for pips/healing, then Polymorph Cat Bandit to kill with a well placed Stormzilla.
(Stormzilla is a bad move in any other situation, because it literally has the worst pip/damage ratio in all of Storm.)

Polymorph Ninja Pig: If you feel like trolling the enemy, this is the way to go. With an astounding three ways to weakness the enemy, steal ward, steal charm, smoke screen, and Beguile, your enemy will have a hard time hitting you for any damage at all.

Polymorph Draconian: Not much to say about this one, except for the fact that A. You should never use Helephant, and B. Firezilla is quite possibly the best pip/damage ratio in the game, with a minimum of 162.5 damage per pip and a maximum of 182.5 damage per pip. Think of it this way: if Leviathan hit for that much, it would do 460 damage more than it usually does.

Polymorph Jaguar: This polymorph is Treant 2.0, utilizing a better version of Power Link (Ritual Blade) for the same amount of pips, and also featuring a quite decent hit from Goat Monk.

I am, again, almost out of space, so this article will end next post!

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
I prefer Sun and Star spells since in most cases they're fairly helpful in a fight. It's kind of up to you if you'd like to use Moon spells, since they polymorph you and change your deck, which is really only necessary if you're facing someone, that for example, has resist against your usual deck, and you need something that won't have a negative effect on the amount of damage you do.

Jack Skullhead
Lvl 51 Grandmaster Conjurer

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Continuation of the last post:

Polymorph Pteranodon: This polymorph is a bit better than Cat Bandit, using Leviathan, Catalan, and a new spell called Thunder Spike, which gives a 10% Armor Piercing boost.

Polymorph Icehorn: A bit of the Gobbler's health was sacrificed here for damage, and this version features Frozen Armor, Frostbite, Handsome Fomori, and a spell called Ice Breaker, which does 275 damage and steals a shield. Even more ways to get rid of them!

Polymorph Treant: This polymorph is made for healing, with Satyr, Dryad, Regenerate, and a spell called Stomp. Stomp does 360 Life damage and puts a Sanctuary up.

Polymorph Colossus: This spell is a slight modification on Gobbler and Icehorn, with Balefrost and two special spells known as Colossus Uppercut and Colossus Crunch. CU does 175 damage for 2 pips, and CC does 460 damage for 5 pips.

Our final two are Polymorph Fire Elemental and Polymorph Storm Elemental.

Polymorph Fire Elemental has a unique DOT arsenal, featuring Firestorm and Flame Strike. Firestorm does 265 + 600 damage over 3 rounds for five pips, while Flame Strike is less powerful, doing 60 + 270 damage over 3 rounds for 2 pips.

Polymorph Storm Elemental has two other unique damage spells, the less powerful of which, Storm Strike, does 265 damage for 2 pips. The more powerful of the two, Maelstrom, does 690 damage for 5 pips, same as Catalan.

What I went with was a combination of Sun and Star spells for my Storm, Isaac, while I went with Moon for my less powerful Death wizard, Joshua. What did you go with?

That's all I have for now, and I'm tired as heck. Thanks!

Survivor
Nov 22, 2011
to be honest astral schools really confuse me just like you my friend.

Dark Soulz
LVL 69 Journeyman

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Julia Earth Runner on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
Wow i never got i pet for some reason but i know how they work how did you get astral pet!?
Well he is not a astral pet he is a ice but gives you a lot of the defensive star spells.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
con1757 on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
Am just not sure what astral school I should choose, I mean I like moon but am not sure any ideas by the way I still have 4 levels until I can choose one.

Hunter G.
Just don't buy any accuracy spells, okay? Just buy treasure card accuracy spells and use them when you need to.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Well I hit lv.50 any I went with moon but trained in the fist spell in sun too because you guys convinced me that am going to need sun. Anyways thanks.

Hunter G. and some