Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Handicapped/edited Matches.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
To start off, this is an idea, NOT a complaint. Handicapped matches will be as it says, handicapped. This could go to limiting or losing something to one or both teams. That way if you don't like something such as TCs, you could limit them entirely or if you are looking for a challenge. Set it so you have 5 weakness at the start. Handicapped would have no effect for ranked PvP, just practice. Different settings could go to limited damage range to no shields to 3 v 2.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I don't know about other players, but I'd use this. Frankly, most of my low level wizards are too overpowered to play against most opponents, so if there were some way to add the challenge back, that could be cool.

I'm not sure about the tc option. I already don't use tc in practice (unless my opponents insist on being ridiculous). Got any other ideas?

And I also worry about abuse. People already have a tendency to only set up matches they expect to win. Examples abound. People will fight maybe 1 or 2 levels above their character, but have no reservations about fighting someone 90 levels lower. How can we keep this setup clean and fair?

Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
As for the TC thing, Its an option to toggle it off. About abuse..This might be a problem, as already some people have trouble seeing people's level in the selection. There will be another menu for custom matches so you can't quick join them accidentally. A possible fix is when you agree to fight someone, you see their level and their level only (Because no one wants the enemy seeing their stats) That is a possible fix.