Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's a good level to do "Sunken City"?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I'm not sure when to do "Sunken City". I've heard that its kinda hard and want to know when I should do it. I have a level 27 or 28 (can't remember off the top of my head) wizard. Your thoughts?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
You can do it most any time, but it is best done with a group not solo because there are multiple enemies. Fill your potions before you go in. Take care moving around the streets. The mobs are grabby.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
well most mobs in sunken city are mobs so wizards like you can do sunken city

Explorer
Oct 31, 2013
I did it at 12, but had help from friends, lv's 20+. even then it was hard. Remember!: bring friends.

Fiona Redblossom 28

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
most people just dont do it or do it when they are a higher level. pack a bunch of AoE spells and you can easily solo it. life should be okay just highten your pp percentage and beast it. btw mobs are death and myth. not just death and two or so towers like golem you have to complete.

Survivor
May 31, 2014
Grizzley117 on May 16, 2014 wrote:
I'm not sure when to do "Sunken City". I've heard that its kinda hard and want to know when I should do it. I have a level 27 or 28 (can't remember off the top of my head) wizard. Your thoughts?
Technically, it does not matter when you want to do it. You can do it at lvl 10, or you can do it at lvl 100. Though, I would just suggest doing it at higher lvl, but it does not really matter. Hope this helped, in a way. :)

Survivor
Apr 19, 2014
Well, I did it around level 14, 15 because I had like 3 other people go in with me. It was pretty cool and really annyoing for a death wizard. I mean I'm death but like all the bosses, and I mean all the bosses are death. It's a great dungeon but for real it gets frustrating, but since you're a life wizard it should be easier, since life boosts on death mobs and bosses. You should prepare your deck with lots of heals and high level life spells. Some traps and blades aswell, if you want to get through fast. Another way you can get through Sunken City fast is bring a friend. I'm not sure but I don't think that you have to fight more mobs if you bring another friend. Anyway I think you should be able to do it now if you bring one friend. If not wait until you get your level 33 spell and then go in. Good luck and I hope you do well

Alexis Soulfist
Magus Necromancer
Level 31
Marleybone

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
You can, of course, simply ignore it. Nothing keeps you from reaching level 100 without ever completing sunken city. There is no especially spiffy gear that drops, and it's not a prerequisite for anything. All you get is the "sunken city survivor" badge which isn't going to impress anyone over level 20.

That said, most wizards can complete sunken city as soon as it becomes available, level 10 or so. Its not all that hard, its just very tedious. The key point is sunken city is a "no respawn" dungeon. As long as you keep the instance open, any mob you defeat will not respawn. Have trouble getting down the street without being drawn into a fight? Defeat at least one mob in every street fight and the numbers dwindle until skipping past the scatterred survivors is easy. Can't defeat three mobs fighting you at once in the tower fights? You don't have to. Pick off one minion, then come back, that level of the tower now has one less opponent. Pick off another minion if you have to, then come back and face the boss alone. Just be sure to keep the instance open when you lose a fight. If memory serves, sunken city stays open for 15 minutes if you leave it for any reason. That's plenty of time to play a couple of minigames to refill potions and go back. Have to take a break for dinner or whatever? Find a quiet corner inside the instance, then set your avatar spinning (hold down right arrow, hold down shift, release arrow key, release shift). Sunken city is NOT hard, its just very slow and repetitive.