Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Multi-heal Pets

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I have seen a lot of pets with various combinations of may cast heals. How do they get to that point? I have been playing for many years and never hatched one with more than one type of pet heal. I think there should be a guide developed. After all what is a wizard who is level 100 to do next?

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
You either need to hatch with a pet that has multiple heals (the easy way) or collect talents by hatching with individual pets that have them. The Wiki on 101Central lists all the talents and pets, and there is a forum where you can ask for hatches

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
If you want a pet that can have multiple heals, I have a few. I have a Emberstone tiger with a phoenix card, it may cast vengeance, may cast sprite, fairy, and unicorn. I also have a cold fire dragon that may cast vengeance, sprite, fairy, and unicorn. If you want to hatch with me, tell me.

Survivor
May 28, 2012
May cast heals hardly ever cast any more. You're better off not getting them since they reduced the cast rate.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
There's really no guide. It all boils down to finding people with heals that will hatch with you. If someone has really nice talents (if they know the un-manifested ones as well), then you are in luck. You hatch, take that baby to adult, hatch that new adult with the same person (if possible), and keep doing so until you can transfer the talents and/or manifest the healing talents you want.

I like to have damage, resist and heals on all of my pets. For 90% of them, I know all 10 talents, so when I do hatch with someone, I can tell them what they might expect. Now, manifested talents are a whole different ballgame. When a pet is 'hatched', what talents do manifest during training are already locked in, there isn't any way to change that.

It can take a lot of hatching to get what you want. One rule-of-thumb is to train a pet to adult, and if it does not get one or two talents you want, then hatch that pet again .... and again .... and again, if you need to. It takes time, patience, energy, snacks, and plenty of gold to get what you want.

Good luck!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Bucisfav on May 10, 2014 wrote:
I have seen a lot of pets with various combinations of may cast heals. How do they get to that point? I have been playing for many years and never hatched one with more than one type of pet heal. I think there should be a guide developed. After all what is a wizard who is level 100 to do next?
Many fan sites take care of this for Wizard101.

http://www.duelist101.com/category/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/

Duelist does have an extensive amount on the subject.

Hatching with other pets with the talents is how it happens. It takes time, a lot of worthless pets, patience, gold and or crowns and luck. Also keep in mind MC's on Sprite and Fairy Friend have been reduced so they are a catch 22 now. We have some pets that still cast them now and then but most not at all.

Mary