Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mavra Flamewing and Sandor Spearcaller

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 21, 2012
You know in the Plaza of Conquests there are the two bosses that teach about shields and traps, Mavra Flamewing and Sandor Spearcaller? They have those pox minions to assist their bosses. When I battle them, I tend to take out the wizard first, then the pox. But since the pox don't have attacks themselves, once the boss is defeated you pretty much have victory in the bag. My suggestion is that if you defeat the wizard first, you automatically win, it might save some time whacking away at the pox, especially in the Mavra fight, where their shields make an extremely long battle. And some Mana, from casting the spells.

Explorer
May 21, 2011
How did you defeat Mavra with all those shields from the poxes?

Anyway, I'm myth, so I just killed the poxes and used a shatter on Mavra, then defeated her with some minotaurs. Easiest Dragonspyre boss I've done .

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
Yes they are the easiest dragonspyre bosses

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
wraithcaster on May 9, 2014 wrote:
You know in the Plaza of Conquests there are the two bosses that teach about shields and traps, Mavra Flamewing and Sandor Spearcaller? They have those pox minions to assist their bosses. When I battle them, I tend to take out the wizard first, then the pox. But since the pox don't have attacks themselves, once the boss is defeated you pretty much have victory in the bag. My suggestion is that if you defeat the wizard first, you automatically win, it might save some time whacking away at the pox, especially in the Mavra fight, where their shields make an extremely long battle. And some Mana, from casting the spells.
Kill the pox first so they stop shielding/boosting the bosses. Then whack away at the boss. If you have blizzard or meteor or something similar, it makes it all much quicker.