Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Forced to accept side quests.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
So I was doing zafaria main-quest line and all the sudden a NPC offered me a side quest which I never accept but it forced to me accept. There was no decline button. The two quests are called "Rival Gangs" and "lost letter". Hope you can fix these, if I find anymore I will reply to this. Until then bye!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
CaptainJack74011 on May 9, 2014 wrote:
So I was doing zafaria main-quest line and all the sudden a NPC offered me a side quest which I never accept but it forced to me accept. There was no decline button. The two quests are called "Rival Gangs" and "lost letter". Hope you can fix these, if I find anymore I will reply to this. Until then bye!
If you cannot decline, it is a main storyline quest, or has now been changed to one.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
The Potion for Bartleby quest is probably classified as a main quest, but it isn't required to play past Wizard City. As I recall, it doesn't have a "Decline" option. But I don't want to do it, so I skip that particular quest by logging out when Merle tries to force it on me. He doesn't ask again.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Way I see it, side quests are like smaller individual stories that give and extra 3 dimensional feel to the game. Many times, these stories are not big, and usually not very hard. They do expand the game storyline and allow you a better understanding of the history and goings on. In short, ya get more of the story.

Personally, the rosin run on firecat alley is my favorite. The former alchemist totally reminds me of one of my neighbors, minus the hat.

I feel they are worthwhile, plus ya get xp or gold, all adds up.