Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

comet tails need an improvement.

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
it is now the second day since comet tails came out with the release of Khrysalis part two and to be honest I am really rather disappointed by how hard they are to get. I spent a good amount of time this morning hopping from realm to realm to realm. Each and every time each and every spot where the comet tails spawn were empty even on the most unpopulated realms.

It is getting ridiculous when so many people are trying to farm them for gear or more specifically to craft the ornate burrow chair for the promethean crafter badge.

Why are these reagents so ridiculous to obtain? I mean with so many spots even on the starting area of crescent beach, you'd think after hopping so many times i'd have more to show for it other than a couple of comet tails I got from one single harvest and after that I never saw anymore.

The biggest improvement you could possibly give to these spawn points is to decrease the time it takes for the comet tails to respawn I mean they are always fixed on specific locations, so it is getting ridiculous I can potentially spend hours looking for them and only find a few.

does anyone else agree these comet tails need a faster respawn?

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Agreed, i can go in a circuit and realm hop and not get 1 in an hour, rather ridiculous; as a harvest only it is a major pain since there are many people working to just do Promethean crafting quest, let alone the other recipes. Hopefully KI will fix soon, as this happens every time there is a crafting release with new reagents.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I got the Comet Tails on my 2nd day in K2. I can't speak for anyone else, and I'm sorry you all are having trouble finding them. Now Turquoise, I've yet to see one of them drop. And I've seen on other threads where they're evidently a 'common' drop (whatever that means) in Aquila. I'm not so sure I accept having to go to an optional area such as Aquila to harvest reagents for a quest that is clearly in Khrysalis Part 2. Now in retrospect, by the end of Azteca I had harvested all the reagents i needed for that crafting quest, so maybe it's just a waiting game. I'm only in the Kondha desert, so there's plenty of K2 to go. Not to mention I haven't done any of the side quests yet. I think we just need to keep at it. Hopefully.

Historian
May 15, 2009
valdushawkflame on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
I got the Comet Tails on my 2nd day in K2. I can't speak for anyone else, and I'm sorry you all are having trouble finding them. Now Turquoise, I've yet to see one of them drop. And I've seen on other threads where they're evidently a 'common' drop (whatever that means) in Aquila. I'm not so sure I accept having to go to an optional area such as Aquila to harvest reagents for a quest that is clearly in Khrysalis Part 2. Now in retrospect, by the end of Azteca I had harvested all the reagents i needed for that crafting quest, so maybe it's just a waiting game. I'm only in the Kondha desert, so there's plenty of K2 to go. Not to mention I haven't done any of the side quests yet. I think we just need to keep at it. Hopefully.
well maybe you got lucky, but unfortunately for me unless I am at home on a school day I never see any comet tails ready for harvest. it's like trying to play the lottery, the odds are truly stacked against me and most players. this is especially prevalent for people who like to farm reagents and like I have done hop from realm to realm grabbing every reagent they can.

if I can't get you to decrease the time between the spawn of comet tails, could you at least add a comet tail pack to the crowns shop? a pack with 50-100 comet tails would be immensely helpful to me

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
An update on my end, I was able to get all the comet tails I needed for the Promethean Crafter quest. I had better luck in off hours and realm hopping with a circuit to the spawn points after the massive flooding of players moved past the beach; also the spawn points in the battle areas of the beach dropped 3 on one occasion and 2 on another since I guess people didn't want to risk a battle or didn't notice for some time. So far as Turquoise dropping I've had a good deal drop in this second half of Khrysalis, but still go some from first part. Good luck to all for quick spawns and favorable drops.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Omegagan on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
An update on my end, I was able to get all the comet tails I needed for the Promethean Crafter quest. I had better luck in off hours and realm hopping with a circuit to the spawn points after the massive flooding of players moved past the beach; also the spawn points in the battle areas of the beach dropped 3 on one occasion and 2 on another since I guess people didn't want to risk a battle or didn't notice for some time. So far as Turquoise dropping I've had a good deal drop in this second half of Khrysalis, but still go some from first part. Good luck to all for quick spawns and favorable drops.
I actually have no problems with turquoise. in my off time I like to farm the gladiator in Aquila for a chance at the exalted myth and death mastery amulets and I usually get one or two pieces, sometimes more if I am lucky.

I am glad that some people like yourself are getting the comet tails as needed, unfortunately for me the need for comet tails doesn't merely end with the promethean badge. a lot of the recipes I have seen in Khrysalis part 2 have had comet tails as one of the ingredients and usually in a fair amount, usually a dozen if not more and when I am a guy who likes to try and keep up with the flow I would like to be able to snag these new pieces of gear that help you get further ahead in game.

for me to be able to do so I need some way of getting these, or at the very least a guide to help me find more suitable locations to get the comet tails that doesn't include being forced to look from realm to realm in search of a reagent that is mostly not there

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
I agree with this for the most part.

Considering the fact that the gear requires about 20 pieces of comet tail in order to craft, it's ridiculous to play for 2 -3 hours and getting lucky to find 2 harvests.

And I've literally seen wizards just waiting by them and I admit when collecting it can be brutal some dude was screaming at me for like 2 minutes because i took "his" harvest. I didn't feel the need to report him cause I could empathize with his obvious frustration

John RavenCatcher - lvl100
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl58
John FrostShard - lvl63

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Maybe it's the times people play because I have seen them as a pretty common harvest in the later parts of part 2. Also, unlike other harvests, the spawn points are clearly marked.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Sokad on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
I agree with this for the most part.

Considering the fact that the gear requires about 20 pieces of comet tail in order to craft, it's ridiculous to play for 2 -3 hours and getting lucky to find 2 harvests.

And I've literally seen wizards just waiting by them and I admit when collecting it can be brutal some dude was screaming at me for like 2 minutes because i took "his" harvest. I didn't feel the need to report him cause I could empathize with his obvious frustration

John RavenCatcher - lvl100
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl58
John FrostShard - lvl63

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."
thanks for the continued support. I honestly hope KI takes a look at this and decides to try something to make it easier for everyone. simply because something takes longer to respawn does not make it rarer or more worthwhile to obtain. It makes it a long tedious process that makes a lot of players frustrated because they can hop dozens of times and only get 1 or 2 harvests which yield 2-4 comet tails between all the realms they visited.

that type of occasional harvest should be the stardust, not the comet tails.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Update, I finally got the Turquoise I needed without having to go to an optional area (Aquila). So that part of what I posted was proper, I just needed to stick with it. And I'm just going to say this once again, zero issues finding Comet Tails. In fact I have almost 100 of them. I've gotten them realm hopping, just finding them willy-nilly, I've even seen them in the Bazaar. But hey, If people are having major difficulties finding reagents, continue to lobby KI to include them in packs or bundles. Maybe they'll listen.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
I agree that the harvest rates need to be increased for the Comet Tails, but remember this... It is still a new world to everyone, so everyone is jumping in and harvesting the CTs like crazy. I know that at around 6pm Australian Eastern Standard Time, the spiral goes very quiet and I can get some then. But, again, the world is new. Once people have finished the quests, everything will quieten down again and then the CTs will be easier to obtain.

I remember in Azteca, it took me ages just to find one Agave Leaves just to harvest in the hopes of getting some nectar. I waited about 2 months, then went on a circuit run and gathered all the nectar I needed in 2 hours.

Patience will win out. I've got all the recipes I need to craft, am now farming for the tcs and other reagents. I know that once I have all the other ingredients needed, I'll be able to find more CTs.

Historian
May 15, 2009
for me the area that I ever found a more consistent source of comet tails was the very last area of Khrysalis. namely the shadow palace.

unfortunately even on down times I am still having quite a hard time gathering what I'd like. it is just getting ridiculous. especially when a couple of the more powerful pieces of gear needs stardust. of what I think I've only ever harvested like 1

Survivor
Mar 25, 2014
Yes!! I totally agree. It takes forever to respawn literally everything.