Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are these no stats outfits so popular?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2011
The royal/guardian/archangel attire is lovely, but why would people spend crowns on gear with no stats?
They are purely for show, so to all of you who wear it, do you think it was worth it?
and why?

Just curious,

Jenna Dreamblossom

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
most wizards buy the outfits and stitch it to outfits that have really good stats

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Elsieangelcake on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
The royal/guardian/archangel attire is lovely, but why would people spend crowns on gear with no stats?
They are purely for show, so to all of you who wear it, do you think it was worth it?
and why?

Just curious,

Jenna Dreamblossom
Looks, plain and simple. Each can be stitched with 'real' gear to have the stats necessary.
Not a big deal if you can afford it.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Elsieangelcake on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
and why?

Just curious,

Jenna Dreamblossom
ill tell you why
1 some people just like to look like everybody else
2 some people wanna look unlike everybody else and wanna just look good
3 some people just like it look
4 some people want good looking battle gear

it just for fun i know it seem like worth less but to some people like being able to do there own thing there no real reson why we do stuff we just do so to some of us ya it worth it others nah it not worth it
but to be fair not everyone care about what they wear so it also is not worth it to some people just depends who you are

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Now that you can also "Unstitch" things, you'll see more variety in the upper realms. I stitch/unstitch the Rockin' Outfits from Crab Alley about every 10 levels now. Black Outfit with "trim" dependent on which school the character. Black Archeologist's boots, again with colored trim to match the outfit/school. I have found my "look" for my characters.

Defender
Oct 04, 2010
If you go to the commons, or pretty much any world, you can get your clothing stitched. When you stitch, you can switch one clothings stats and replace it with another. I love that KI came up with this it makes everything much easier.

- Scarlet Moonstone lvl 41

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
Many advanced players (including myself) buy the Guardian gear for gold, then pay the low stitching price to give their great gear great looks. I personally love the Spellbinder's Hood, Guardian's Vestment and Boots, and stitch them with all of my wizard's Waterworks gear when I obtain it. Hope this helps!

-Aerier

Survivor
Mar 17, 2013
Well most people like it for looks and wont care if has no stats. Others just wont care
Kristen Boomcatcher

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
because, let's face it, some of the dropped gear (like waterworks, and nearly everything from mooshu, celestia) is hideous.

i love stitching and would die without it. it's not expensive and, now that we can unstitch as well, there's a lot more variety out there.

-von