Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't Deside on a School! Help!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2011
Ok guys, this is something I really fuss over, but I don't know what school I am. I try to go off my personality, but I have no idea what school that would be. Can you guys help me?

-I read a lot
-I make people laugh
-I hate getting into trouble
-I'm kinda dumb
-I'm generally the first one to join a battle
-I like to help people
-I draw a bunch

Can you guys tell me what school this mostly sounds like? Fire and Storm are out, so no picking them. Please help me!

-The General

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
General Jack Squat on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
Ok guys, this is something I really fuss over, but I don't know what school I am. I try to go off my personality, but I have no idea what school that would be. Can you guys help me?

-I read a lot
-I make people laugh
-I'm kinda dumb
-I like to help people
-I draw a bunch

Can you guys tell me what school this mostly sounds like? Fire and Storm are out, so no picking them. Please help me!

-The General
Take the test at the beginning of character building. That's what it's for.
If you just don't want to do that, I'd go with Ice (first to join in battle) or Life (likes to help)

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
ehh... you sound like a hybrid between and , but you can do the test that they give you at the start of the game.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2014
except for your desire to join a battle first.. Life is a good choice... since it is the one that allows you to help people the most (heal)...

but i am prejudice... i only have one character, and he is a Life wizard... :)

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

-I read a lot
-I make people laugh
-I'm kinda dumb
-I like to help people
-I draw a bunch

-The General
Your post amused me with the "kinda dumb", I think I am also, lol.

So far I can say the funnest school to hold your own with is Death - I know it sounds like and oxymoron but this school stands the test of time though the Spiral. Of the new people I have introduced this school to they say it's their favorite to play because it's so forgiving. Save for the fact that you wait so long for crow you can get by better then life waiting till level 58 for fluffy. Yes, it's a trap happy school but with the steal health routine going for you, you actually can end a battle with the same health you came in with.

Mary

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011

-I read a lot
-I make people laugh
-I'm kinda dumb
-I like to help people
-I draw a bunch

-The General
Balance, Life, Ice, or maybe even Myth. Btw half the stuff on that list describes me lol.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2012

-I read a lot
-I make people laugh
-I'm kinda dumb
-I like to help people
-I draw a bunch

-The General
I think you would be more the Myth type of person here are some things you may consider

Balance, the school of equilibrium and equality, balance school has several blades, which basically add more power, that you can use, it also has some cool and powerful spells if used correctly. However you have to remember that balance is usually a team worker. Some of the blades are casted in all allies in that specific battle. Fun fact, the only shield that can be used against balance is a universal shield that only ice possesses
Ice, the school or resistance and perseverance. Ice power does not resides on attacking, furthermore in defending. You as an ice person get to have many shields and literally COOL spells. However many ice players can also achieve great attack power. Fact, ice students have more life than others
Death, with this one we get into necromancy, you can usually find them playing by themselves but don't be afraid, they are actually very charming people, even with the dead ones. You summon dead allies, most of which will grant you life back. Fact, necromancers have cool blades and traps that make any spell pretty powerful
Fire, fire attacks overtime. Most of them are very charming and you can find them almost everywhere. Add some blades and traps to your spells and that's a win for sure, remember patience because your attacks are overtime.
Myth, they can summon minions to help them in battle so they're not really always alone. You can also have the ability to take off your opponent's shields and blades but this has to be used carefully because you can also take off the traps and weaknesses placed on them
Life, Those guys are among the most popular. You can get so many friends because you specialize on healing However you can also get pretty powerful. You can always find a part at the life school tower. With that said, have fun because anybody can enter.
Last but not least, Storm. Storm wizards are among the most powerful of course but you have to note that when they begin their spells FIZZ a lot. once you get to a higher level your chances to fizz are lower. All schools fizz at some point but hey, once they are a high level they can be pretty intimidating, most of them don't even fizz

Later on we'll get into some other schools like for example Sun school, Moon school and Star school. Then The most dangerous, Shadow Magic...........
Those are offered at a higher level
Have any more question Just ask
Michael SpiritBlood

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012

-I read a lot
-I make people laugh
-I'm kinda dumb
-I like to help people
-I draw a bunch

-The General
I would go with ice and life. you will have a lot of health from ice, and you can heal easily from life. (ps, my name is moira owl rider if you wanna add.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
you like a (life) and (STORM) cause storm actually rushes into battle without a plan and life helps people '

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I took some of your actions into thoughts and I figured you would best fit into either the School of Ice or the School of Life.
The School of Life offers, of course, healing. Theurgists (Life Wizards) have a wonderful "helper" status. This may be due to how Theurgists can spam healing spells, where nobody in the group even gets close to being defeated in battle. They also have the second highest base health (at the later portion of the game), if I remember right, so recklessly joining battle would not be such a problem.
The School of Ice involves big health and lots of good resists and defenses. If you recklessly join a battle, you will most likely out last your enemy, unless, of course, you don't have any good/any attacks on you. Thaumaturges (Ice Wizards) can also help others with incessant shielding, so it may fit your personality well, too.
I hope you take my evaluations into consideration.
Best of luck!
Shannon Skybreaker

Explorer
May 22, 2011
Hey guys! All of these are great, thanks. But, soon after posting this, I realized I left several key factors out:

-I never leave my house much
-I don't often "hang out" with friends
-I have a deep love for mustaches and beards

Heh, hope it helps!

-The General

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
As a wizard myself, I feel you would fit in just fine into our welcoming school any day you pick to join. The one thing you need to keep in mind if you do pick our lovely school is you need to put aside your time a lot for others. If you are caring and willing to put yourself behind others than this wont be a problem but keep in mind, people come to you for help on absolutely anything! People ask you help the most when you are in a dungeon or doing something very important so you need to be able to keep your temper to a minimum. If you are fine with this, feel free to ask me any questions about being a life wizard.

Ashley Lifeheart, Level 45 master theurgist

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Ashley Lifeheart on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
As a wizard myself, I feel you would fit in just fine into our welcoming school any day you pick to join. The one thing you need to keep in mind if you do pick our lovely school is you need to put aside your time a lot for others. If you are caring and willing to put yourself behind others than this wont be a problem but keep in mind, people come to you for help on absolutely anything! People ask you help the most when you are in a dungeon or doing something very important so you need to be able to keep your temper to a minimum. If you are fine with this, feel free to ask me any questions about being a life wizard.

Ashley Lifeheart, Level 45 master theurgist
very good description on life, ashley and with the new information you have given general jack squat, you are starting to be even more about but you can always chose

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
Use the est thing, but in my opinion, you sound like Balance. reshuffle, mixed blades, traps, and shields, simple tactics, a jack of all trades, and great supporting or solo class.

Blaze Battle Dreamer 72

Defender
Oct 04, 2010
I'm a life wizard, I love it! Not only does it fit your personality, but it's a great school (in my opinion BEST). You should really pick life, it's not only fun, but you can help people

- Scarlet Moonstone lvl 41

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Honestly, until you've played the game a while you don't know enough about how the game works or what the different schools do to make an intelligent choice. Don't stress about choosing a school, pick something and play. Once you've played a while, then make your choice. Many players quit playing their first wizard after a while and try something else, there's nothing wrong with that.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011

-I read a lot
-I make people laugh
-I'm kinda dumb
-I like to help people
-I draw a bunch

-The General
Life or Ice sound like great options. Death and Balance would be next best. Those are the "support" based schools, so usually they go in before the high damage wiz like fire and storm. Set yourself up to be a good tank with high resist gear. Train spells that help a team - heals, shields, combination blades - and have fun being social :)

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
My favorite school is , I think it's perfect for me because I like to end battles quick, as I'm rather impatient (of course I don't even have a Storm wizard anymore because I wanted to try new schools). I think what you should do is think about your own personality and match them to certain aspects of each school, the more matches you have that's the school you should be. Or just take the test itself.

- Joseph FireFlame Level 71 Transcendent Pyromancer
- Joseph IceFist Level 21 Adept Thaumaturge
-Joseph SpiritBlade Level 5 Apprentice Necromancer

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Ok so like many of the people who replied.. im a veteran player. Ill break down every school down for you.

Is seriously a quick kill, move on school. If you play about 3-5 hours a day, you can be done with the first storyline in a week. You will have low health and defense, but your attacks will be remarkably powerful. I dont suggest this for a first-time player.

Is a tank school.Your resist can be in the 60's at the cost of only 30-40 damage. You can go into a fight and survive without healing for ages with this school. Ice is a great school to start with, mainly because you rarely die. It will take a lot longer to complete fights than the other schools, but is in high demand for dungeons.

is another good one to start with. You do a lot of damage over time, and have the second most powerful attacks in the game. All your stats are pretty decent, with a little booster on the offensive ones.

Is considered the supreme school. It drains health from your enemies, and give you half the damage back as health. It gets the amazing trap "feint" which adds a 70% trap on your enemy, and a 30% trap on yourself. Death has pretty stats all around, and is easy to customize to your liking. The only downside to death is you only get two trained all enemy attacks at level 48 and 88. This may be something to look into.

Is my personal favorite school. Its extremely difficult to master... but if used right may be one of the most powerful schools. It is specialized for 1v1 pvp, having now 6 different minions, and the one spell everyone hates in pvp. Earthquake. (Completely strips all enemies of blades, shields, etc.) DO NOT USE THIS THE FIRST TIME AROUND

Is a healer. Simple as that. Works great with Jade gear. This is the best school for farming dungeons, as everyone wants one on their team.

Is a support school. It has blades and traps that anyone can use, and can heal slightly. DO NOT USE THE THE FIRST TIME AROUND. It is very hard to use.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2013
honestly you kinda sound like me your kind of a mix of and i went with storm that's what i got with the quiz but hey its your move

Justin moon-runner ace wizard

Eric ice talon ace wizard

see you there!

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
You sound like a fellow balance wizard.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013

-I read a lot
-I make people laugh
-I'm kinda dumb
-I like to help people
-I draw a bunch

-The General
Sounds a lot like me! Except for the dumb part. I don't think I am dumb. I get decent grades. If you are looking to work in a team, and would like some super accurate spells along with healing spells... Go for life
You want to be able to do things more on your own and aren't a big healer, you may like death
Damage over time is a huge fire thing. Fire is my school and I hate the low accuracy but love how much damage it does.
Balance, is well for more of the unsure, a little bit of everything!
Myth is all minions. You want to be able to summon allies, go for the old myth!
Storm is huge damage! Crazy strong but with the lowest accuracy storm is a good choice!
Ice, is well, they have lower defenses so they get some cool shields, that are hard to pass up.
When you do decide, look out for MorganGreenblade or DuncanGreenblade in the commons of unicorn way. Or somewhere else. So good luck. Take the test after reading these!