Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Angel

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2011
I need to know in what cases Snow Angel comes in handy. It's not as good as Frost Giant, as Frost Giant deals damage on the spot, but it does taunt for group play.. When do you use it?

-The General

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's great for fire groups that shield ice. The small first hit takes out shield and the bigger damage over time does the real damage while keeping them clear of shields for anyone else attacking. Giant is better for using on trapped opponents but Angel is great for those who shield.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
General Jack Squat on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
I need to know in what cases Snow Angel comes in handy. It's not as good as Frost Giant, as Frost Giant deals damage on the spot, but it does taunt for group play.. When do you use it?

-The General
When you in a group (not PvP) and you have the most health while everyone else has less health, but they attack. So you taunt the enemies to attack you because you have the most health, and your other teammates attack them.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
General Jack Squat on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:

-The General
Ice angel is perfect for tearing through shields being an AoE DoT. It is also higher damage per pip than frost giant so you can hit the kill level faster. When soloing, I like to use it so that I can heal on the last round and come out of the battle ready for the next one. Another use is in a combo against tower spamming ice. Cast this, let it chew through the shields, mass prism, then frost giant. For group play... It does also taunt which gives it use against high resist ice enemies. In fact, it may be the only time I consider the taunt on this spell to be useful. Drawing enemy attention happens when you cause them damage and it takes repeated taunts, a big mega taunt (both to "simulate" that damage) or the ability to cause real damage to change their mind. Against high resist ice, this spell would normally only be useful for eating tower shields. If you have a fire on your team in that situation meteor or dragon is probably a better solution... but still.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
Idk... I have a Fire Wizard! But it always came in handy when I was in Aquila with someone Ice. So many close calls! Oh, gosh, Zeus! Y U SO HARD!

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 37 Pyromancer

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
Personally, I think is my most used spell. The damage rests at 280 above Frost Giant, a large sum if blades (especially with Sharpened Blade), auras, Balefrost, and damage percentiles are added. If you are first in the fight, within 2 rounds the damage will all be done-- and with decent resist, you can most likely pass and still be victorious. For boss and mob fights alike, the Snow Angel is quite useful, in or out of group play.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Snow Angel would be better against non-ice enemies, because it does damage far more efficiently. Snow Angel would also be good when the opponents are going to hit next round, to make them hit you. Frost Giant is good against ice enemies because the single hit works well with prisms. Frost Giant is not a better spell because of a single hit, it's just different.