Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance should be given a Damage Aura.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 10, 2010
I am looking for reasons why Balance should not have a Damage Aura....

All schools have damage Auras, including Death and Life.
Balance has a useless Aura, that boost pips for all players, and cost 4 pips.
Death has Red Ghost that can give up to three cards, for a Damage boosting Aura.
Life has Brown Spider that can give a 25% boost for damage.

Balance is the only player in the game with no Damage Boost Aura.

Defender
May 01, 2011
Actually, red ghost isn't a spell you can learn. Just treasure cards and item cards, same goes with the brown spider I think. With the new global spells, all schools get pierce and critical boost.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
you should read the update notes

Amber Raven Song, MaxWarlord

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
IcicleWar on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:

Death has Red Ghost that can give up to three cards, for a Damage boosting Aura.

As far as I remember, punishment gives 25% outgoing balance damage. the link is here.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Punishment

Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

First of all, you confused me with the word 'aura'. Auras are star spells, I think you're talking about Global Spells. But I agree so much about how balance need a damage aura, I'll admit that necromancers & theurgists have the right to complain too, but at least they have item cards with global damage spells. We don't even have that. I think that when balance gets their new crafted spell (not soon, because even though I'm balance, KI made a mistake giving us 3 while storm only had 1, it's not fair on them), it's side effect could be something like +25% balance damage only, I don't want it to affect everyone for a weaker effect, like +15% universal damage.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Kind of moot since they have already added new damage globals for all schools in the next part of Khrysalis.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011

Now that I reread your post, I think by aura you mean global spell. Aura is a star school spell. But yes, we do really need one.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
Read the new Khrysalis Part 2 update notes... new crit and piercing global. And it's global, not aura.

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
xHappilyDivergentx on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Actually, red ghost isn't a spell you can learn. Just treasure cards and item cards, same goes with the brown spider I think. With the new global spells, all schools get pierce and critical boost.
xHappily,

Your correct, they are pet spells, but they are available, Balance was never given this option.
On the new Global spells, they are four pips, they cannot win a Global war against Fire,
Storm, Ice, and Myth in a PvP match. The Balance Global is 4 pips, and helps both or all
wizards the same amount.
Just seems very unfair to me, as you rank your wizard up, all of sudden you see that
it has a real flaw in it's Global.

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
AmberRavenSong7 on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
you should read the update notes

Amber Raven Song, MaxWarlord
Yes, I see where they say they have been update, but they don't say what has been done.
They did add new global spells, but they are at 4 pips, and cost too much for a high
level PvP match. Expecially when Fire, Death, Storm, Myth, etc all have 2 pip global.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
IcicleWar on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
Yes, I see where they say they have been update, but they don't say what has been done.
They did add new global spells, but they are at 4 pips, and cost too much for a high
level PvP match. Expecially when Fire, Death, Storm, Myth, etc all have 2 pip global.
The sentence in the updates notes is a bit ambiguous, but for the 2 pip globals it only changed the visual effects. As to reasons not to be given a damage global... If you remain consistent with damage boosts that balance gets for balance damage, they are universal. That would mean, logically, that a balance global would boost all damage attacks. That wouldn't likely be advantageous to balance vs. everyone else they fight since everyone else has more meaningful boosts which they can avoid triggering with an out of school attack. You could potentially do an elemental or spirit damage global to take advantage of your other spells but those are fraught with issues for the balance player as well. I have suggested something a little different in this thread:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/adjustments-id-like-to-see-for-balance-8ad6a417449189a30144f06ced1f5d9a

I don't think it is apropos to lump life and death into the damage global arena. A pet damage spell with an after effect is hardly the same as a 2 pip damage global. In PvE, a damage global isn't really necessary for balance when you consider that the only resistance to balance damage that monsters use (aside from high balance resist monsters) is weakness, plague, the odd spell with a weakness style charm, and tower shield. Therefore, this seems like a PvP related issue. In that vein, 3 pips for either of the pet spells may as well be 4 pips for powerplay and all of these will be easily negated against the global of myth, ice, fire, storm, or death.