Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions for things I'd like in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
I have been playing Wizard101 since it left beta and it's really come a long way, but there's a few things I'd like to see that I thought I'd suggest to improve the game.

As many character slots as there are schools:
This is a pretty standard one and I am sure it's been suggested before. But I would really like having 7 slots not 6, I have been struggling with picking between a balance wizard and an ice wizard for quite some time and have been left feeling undecided.

Transferable Houses:
I know this has been suggested before but I figured I'd suggest it too. Just to be able to stick all my item in my bags or attic and move it to another character.

Character Re-Customization:
Most games nowadays have an option to redesign your character (with an inclusive name change). A crown shop potion for 1000 crowns or similar in order to change your identity would be nice. I have a male life wizard I'd like to make a female and a storm wizard I wouldn't mind name changing. I doubt it'd be a big problem as the appearance decisions you make for your character do not affect game play.

Abandoning Quests:
Once or twice I've had a side quest in my quest log that I have really wanted to abandon. I'd love the ability to remove it from my log and come back later.

Old zone mob nerf:
A lot of old zones need a little bit of a mob nerf to help new players get to higher levels faster. From Celestia onward the game gets quite grindy and makes it difficult to get the drive to continue on. Making new players have it easier to reach new content could be quite enjoyable.

New base school:
I know this is an unlikely addition, but I'd love to see a new school that specializes in defensive spells such as confusion abilities that get the opponent to hurt themselves, spell reflects, illusions, absorbing attacks against them to heal themselves. Perhaps something like 'Air magic'.

Sittable furniture for houses and areas:
I'd love for a chair that I buy from a housing vendor or the crown store to be actually sit-able or usable with it's own pose or animation. It'd be good for parties or the small roleplaying community the game boasts.

Level boosts:
A catch up mechanism from the crown store that'd jump you to the level and quest chain for Celestia or a similar zone would be a lot of fun. (Say 10k crowns) Some people would most likely appreciate getting into more current content when joining the game.

Thank you for reading my suggestions and I hope this is a helpful idea thread for the game. I'd really like some of these ideas to be used even if some of my thoughts are a little whimsical.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
1. Already been stated repeatedly by KI that it won't happen
2. Already been stated repeatedly by KI that it won't happen
3. I'm kinda surprised they don't have a crown potion for it.
4. Already been stated repeatedly by KI that it won't happen
5. They already nerfed the mobs in later worlds.
6. Agreed there are a lot of missed options for defensive magic.
7. Already been stated repeatedly by KI that it won't happen
8. Allowing people to buy their way to certain levels should never be allowed in any game.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nexius on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
I have been playing Wizard101 since it left beta and it's really come a long way, but there's a few things I'd like to see that I thought I'd suggest to improve the game.

As many character slots as there are schools:
This is a pretty standard one and I am sure it's been suggested before. But I would really like having 7 slots not 6, I have been struggling with picking between a balance wizard and an ice wizard for quite some time and have been left feeling undecided.

Transferable Houses:
I know this has been suggested before but I figured I'd suggest it too. Just to be able to stick all my item in my bags or attic and move it to another character.

Character Re-Customization:
Most games nowadays have an option to redesign your character (with an inclusive name change). A crown shop potion for 1000 crowns or similar in order to change your identity would be nice. I have a male life wizard I'd like to make a female and a storm wizard I wouldn't mind name changing. I doubt it'd be a big problem as the appearance decisions you make for your character do not affect game play.

Abandoning Quests:
Once or twice I've had a side quest in my quest log that I have really wanted to abandon. I'd love the ability to remove it from my log and come back later.

Old zone mob nerf:
A lot of old zones need a little bit of a mob nerf to help new players get to higher levels faster. From Celestia onward the game gets quite grindy and makes it difficult to get the drive to continue on. Making new players have it easier to reach new content could be quite enjoyable.

New base school:
I know this is an unlikely addition, but I'd love to see a new school that specializes in defensive spells such as confusion abilities that get the opponent to hurt themselves, spell reflects, illusions, absorbing attacks against them to heal themselves. Perhaps something like 'Air magic'.

Sittable furniture for houses and areas:
I'd love for a chair that I buy from a housing vendor or the crown store to be actually sit-able or usable with it's own pose or animation. It'd be good for parties or the small roleplaying community the game boasts.

Level boosts:
A catch up mechanism from the crown store that'd jump you to the level and quest chain for Celestia or a similar zone would be a lot of fun. (Say 10k crowns) Some people would most likely appreciate getting into more current content when joining the game.

Thank you for reading my suggestions and I hope this is a helpful idea thread for the game. I'd really like some of these ideas to be used even if some of my thoughts are a little whimsical.
Most everything you have 'suggested' has been brought up tons of times and will no doubt never change.
Example: We will never be able to sit or lay down on furniture; this is a game geared towards children. Some pretty nasty adult stuff can happen with sitting/laying down.

Also suggested before:
changing schools
changing appearance/name, etc.
dropping quests
transferable houses
seven character spots
All have been denied.

Level boosts I completely disagree with- so someone with tons of cash can just skip the learning process of battle and level up? No. Sorry

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
1. I would love that, but I don't think it's going to happen.
2. I'm not sure. A Level 10 Wizard having a Dragonspyre house?
3. I want to change something about my wizard, so I agree.
4. I like it, but it won't happen. I just do the quest, and keep doing the story.
5. I think the experience for everyone should be the same.
6. Sure! I like it!
7. LOL. I've wanted to lay in my bed forever! The closest I've ever gotten is being glitched inside one.
8. As number 5, I think the experience for everyone should be the same. And just because you have money doesn't mean you have good levels right away.

Cole Goldenflame, Level 39 Pyromancer World: Mooshu and Grizzleheim Area: Tatakai Outpost and Mirkholm Keep

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Also I wouldn't mind being able to "cheat" like some of the bosses do. However you would have to be a certain level in order to become a "cheater".

Robert Winterbreath
level 78 as of 4/8/14

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
Most of these have been suggested many times and will never be implemented. However, I think that the character appearance or name change should be added for a small amount of crowns. As you said, this wouldnt affect gameplay and would probably be an easy thing to put in the game. Also, paying your way through levels should not ever be allowed. Gh and WT help with catching people up.

-Aerier

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
I dont understand how the sitting animation cant happen. Cant they put some sort of area lock on the parts of the furniture where only one person can sit? Dont add the lay down feature though. I wouldn't add that myself. But to be able to sit to show that you are currently inactive would be great. The only way to do the said "adult stuff" would be to hack it. Of course, most things can be hacked nowdays....

But I agree with the OP in the fact of making houses more interactive. I dont mean just the games and whatever else you can add. I mean, giving furniture a purpose other than besides "hey lookie at my pretty howze lolz." All the other items have an area lock where items cannot be placed together within a certain ammount of in-game space. So why cant Avatars have the same properties?

P.S: it'd be awesome to just plainly sit on the ground too.