Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What to do with surplus pets?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I currently have a Sea Dragon, which is supposed to be one of the best 1st generation pets, so is there anything I can do with the other 30 pets I have roaming around my house?

I have so many pets, but i am not sure what i can do with them? Doesnt seem worth it to level them up because they aren't as good as the Sea Dragon...

Thanks!

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I always keep at least one of everything because it is fun to collect pets & have them around my castles, and because I might want to hatch them later. If I get too many of one kind I sell them to the pet shop or prospector Zeke because they would find good homes for them.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Angel Dust on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I currently have a Sea Dragon, which is supposed to be one of the best 1st generation pets, so is there anything I can do with the other 30 pets I have roaming around my house?

I have so many pets, but i am not sure what i can do with them? Doesnt seem worth it to level them up because they aren't as good as the Sea Dragon...

Thanks!
You can keep them or sell them in any clothing/pet shop

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Angel Dust on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
keep the ones that have talents in them you might want to hatch into other pets, especially your dragon, and then trash the rest (unless you plan on having a house act as a zoo)

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
there should be auto trainers, like thay train slower than the normal games that train, but the pet can roam around and enter whenever they want ( or by accident ) and it could last like a short or long period of time depending on the pets

sincerly
isaac goldheart

"to help others, you must help youre self ,even if change is needed"

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Maybe you can put them in the shared bank so your lower level wizards can benefit from them. Just a suggestion.

Saffron Sandsword
Master

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It depends on how well you like your pets. Do you want to keep one of each kind? That could be a possibility. If you have several wizards, you could pass on the fire ones to your Fire wizard, Ice to Ice, and so on. You can keep a total of 50 pets inside and 50 pets outside of your house. Use your dorm for a few extra if you need it!

I have started cleaning house a bit. I wish I could keep them all, but every single house I have on every wizard is bursting at the seams and we're talking about hundreds of pets (they are all so cute!!!).

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Thanks everyone, i just wanted to make sure they wouldn't be used for some greater purpose lol

Guess I will start selling my duplicates.

Thanks,

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I keep a lot of pets, but I have found that when I get too many low-level or repeat pets, it is best just to sell them. You can sell pets to most vendors. The price is not great, but it clears up housing and backpack space, and nets a bit of gold for you.