Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What triggers pet heals?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
This pertains to pets who have a healing trait, such as "may cast fairy". Is anyone willing to disclose what triggers a pet heal. For example, is there a statistic/chance for the pet to cast the heal after a minion attack, or after/before your spell cast? Do certain text chat, such as "Good Boy" increase that chance?

Any info is appreciated.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Hello,

You have a small chance (about 5%) to be healed by your pet if you or your foes are attacked in battle. The healing is not only triggered when you receive a normal attack, it also counts the over time attacks, on you and all you foes. So, for example, you have three friends with you and the enemy casts Scald, fire spell that leaves a damage over time to all, you will get 5% chance on each time you or you foes get damaged by the DOT that Scald left, as well as eventual incoming damage.

Knowing about it, you can see now why some people think that casting auras, etc, may trigger the healing. It's not the truth, notice that or one has just got attacked or has been damaged by the dot so the healing may be casted.

Note: Unicorn is an exception, it has just a chance to trigger when YOU YOURSELF get attacked, damage on your friends wilk not have effect.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
Thanks. How do you know about the 5%? Also, do text messages in game increase chances? for example, if I use the menu chat "Good Boy", does that increase my chances of my pet healing?

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
You're welcome.

The 5% information is taken from the Wizard101 Central Wiki, where contains lot of useful info about the game, spells, creatures, maps and etc.

As to your other question, there's no official statement whether saying "Good Boy!" or no will increase your chances, I believe these sentences have no power to do such thing, as I never say that and sometimes my pet heals me in a row, like twice at the same time.

In the end of the day, it's all about luck.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
RED DEATH on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
Thanks. How do you know about the 5%? Also, do text messages in game increase chances? for example, if I use the menu chat "Good Boy", does that increase my chances of my pet healing?
Menu Chat messages do not affect pets. That's just a myth. I blame Toontown players for this, because Doodles do respond to menu chat.