Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the first thing you do when you log in to Wizard101?

Open my Friends panel to see who's online
32% [130]
Recall home to check on my Garden
37% [152]
Head straight for the PvP arena
0% [3]
Open my quest journal to see what I need to do next
17% [70]
Dive right into the action and get into a duel
2% [10]
Head to the Bazaar for a little shopping
1% [7]
Open the Crown Shop to see what's new
1% [6]
Something else I'll post in a reply
5% [24]

What's the first thing you do when you log in?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
I pretty much quit gardening after i got to master gardener soI usually check friends list then quest.

-Hunter BlueFlame Promethean

Survivor
Mar 06, 2012
Since I don't have many friends and they're never on, i usually stop by my garden.
-Abigail PixieHeart lvl 38 theurgist

Defender
May 11, 2012
I have my little routine. First, I check to see what realm I ended up in (if I don't like the realm, I will switch). Second, I check to see how much room I have in my treasure card storage (important for when I harvest my plants). Then, I visit my large castle for the dining table daily reward and my life house where I keep my fishbowl. Next step is to go to my red barn farmhouse to do my gardening, and then I am off to the bazaar to sell whatever I don't need that I received from my harvested plants and maybe do a little shopping. I then might swing by to see if any of my houses are on the top lists for the house tours (and they never are, lol ). Then, if none of my friends are on to help me (and they NEVER are anymore ), because I am stuck on a boss I cannot defeat by myself (not through lack of trying), I will either go train a pet if I have any energy left or play some sorcery stones (totally addicted to that game ).

I use to go straight to questing, but since the game has gotten so difficult, and so many of the friends I have made don't play anymore because of the difficulty, unless I feel like a glutten for punishment that day, I rarely quest anymore, because I am stuck. I know there are websites that wizards run that offer to help people, but I am never sure when I am going to be able to be on, so setting up a time to meet is very difficult.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Explorer
May 13, 2013
Usually, since I'm still low lvl, I do all the quests that don't involve fighting. And then I go gardening and so on and so forth.

Pokebow
Lvl16 (I'm getting there) :)

Survivor
Jul 27, 2013
i to level up and go to the nearest dungeon!

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
When I log into wizard101, I check my friends list to chat with them (Most of my favorite friends are never online anymore, which sucks :( ) and then I check my garden.
I'm level 10 in garden, not the best but i'm proud

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I open my Quest journal and see what to do, but usually also check my Friends list for my Friends.

Cole GoldenFlame Level 37 Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 07, 2014
The first thing I do is go check my plants to see if they are doing alright

Survivor
Aug 29, 2013
I check my quests of course!!

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
The first thing I do when I log on is check my friend's list. It's like something I can't help but to do.

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
I open my panel even though no ones online

Survivor
May 31, 2014
Professor Greyrose on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Are you checking your Friends list or heading straight for a duel?
Is shopping your goal or is tending to your plants a priority?
Tell us in the poll and comments below:
What's the first thing you do when you log in to Wizard101?
Well, I decided to choose doing gardening first. Usually, what I do is while the spell is being casted on to the plants, I check my online friends at the same time (since some of the animations take awhile). So, I kinda do them simotaneously...

Survivor
May 31, 2014
PlayHard101 on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
I hate gardening, it could help you get a lot of gold, but its kinda useless, and a waste of gold.
XD "it helps you get gold, but you have to use gold to get it". I couldn't agree more. Unless it's something like Evil Magma Peas, Couch Potatoes, Deadly Helephant Ears, Prickly Bear Cactus, etc, then it would be very helpful.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Usually I will check my friends list, watch some pvp, and do some housing tours or quests on other wizards

Cass MoonHeart lvl 100

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Most of the time, help my bro who makes me help him. When I don't I use the check the friends panel.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
I look at all the pages in my spell book to check if I have the right gear on, admire my ghost dragon hybrid, rearrange my deck or equip another, and check how many more reagents I need for my crafting quest.
I do not check my garden, which is probably why every time I do visit my house, everything is dead. I've only ever successfully harvested one or two plants lol.
Myrna Dragoncloud, Grandmaster
"The Purifier."

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
My day:
1. Check friends list
2. Check if thre is a party
3. If thre isna party, I get into my party clothes (I havebtoo many clothes!!)
4. Be at party for ages
5. Be questing with my bff
6 . parties
7. Parties

and ... you get the idea :P

Autumn lifegem lvl 27 life

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
It's a tossup between Garden or Bazaar. My main I go to Bazaar (with most money), my alt I go to Garden. But everyday I do both. I had to have the Bazaar Tapestry just to make this daily trip easier.

Explorer
Nov 11, 2010
My gardens are the first thing I check,I also love crafting ,just wish I could find that Potent Trap card for my life wizard,it seem my balance wizard had no problem finding it.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
I've learned something with my friends, they are VERY chatty. So i immediately check my friends list to see if they're on so when i see the chat box i don't fall off my bed/chair in fright.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
It depends what my focus is...

...I always click my friend screen after I log on, but...

...when I used to garden a lot, I would garden first;
but then I discovered I had no energy remaining to train pets.
Now, I only garden because I want to do the level 15 garden quests.

...and when I used to train pets, I would train pets first;
but then discover I had no energy to garden.
Now, I only hatch and train pets to get specific talents.

...and when fishing first came out, I attempted to do this first.
But fishing feels more time consuming then gardening or training pets. It also quickly exhausts your garden energy in the process. So now, I only fish out of necessity to obtain required fish in crafting recipes; and only for a few minutes at a time.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Check all gardens on all wizards.
mattie114

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I run around a little, then look at the bottom of my screen to see what I'm doing, unless I remember it from the area I'm in, for example a Dungeon Sigil or if I get pulled immediately after logging in.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
I tend to make waste of my excess energy from my beastmaster robe. so I check my garde or train pets so I don't just lose energy.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
I do both at same time. Open friends list AND duel right away. This game usually gives many hard quests ( which I LOVE ) so I ask for help a lot. ( Sorry! People I bothered! ) But I sometimes do pvp, or check my garden but yeah mostly duels and friends.